can a buyer get compensation if a sale falls through due to probate?

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Liliput
Rank 0
Rank 0

can a buyer get compensation if a sale falls through due to probate?

Post by Liliput »

Hello,

Very sadly my partner died last February, he was about to complete (sell) his house near Carcassone. 
There was no will, so we had to apply for probate.  I was informed nothing could be done until then.  The buyer (who lives in the property) carried on paying rent (i am holding for the children, as i was told it is legally theres under french law). 

During this time she kept asking me to force a sale, do more to push it though.  I kept explaining that there was nothing I could do, but we had to wait.

She has now stopped paying rent and is insisting on a 25,000 reduction, due to losing the mortgage, paying rent and loosing the quotes on the work that needed doing.  This whole process is very upsetting and stressful.  Just wondering if (a) she has a case and (b) how can I evict her, if I wish to.  As an experienced landlord, I can't have non paying tenants. All I hear is it's very difficult to get tenants out!
Hopefully a carefully worded letter will calm her down.  But any advice, help would be appreciated.

Au Revoir

Liliput
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: can a buyer get compensation if a sale falls through due to probate?

Post by opas »

I suggest you join Strictly Legal France Facebook group. You will get legal links there and lots of knowledgeable folks... Not the we aren't on here btw, but yours is a complex situation.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.