Cooperative housing effort for the urban poor

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Paule
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cooperative housing effort for the urban poor

Post by Paule »

In many parts of the state, cooperative housing development programmes has provided a large number of houses to people with small and marginal incomes. Group housing cooperatives in the major cities of the state have come up which have not only built houses and apartments but undertaken their upkeep and maintenance as well.

It is however, general experience that there is inordinate delay in allotment of land to cooperative housing societies. There are also problems with arranging the required finance at low interest rate by the members of the society. Also, the affairs of some societies are not properly managed and the cost of housing construction and the installation of the essential services are now rather high.

These problems need to be eradicated by obtaining greater cooperation of relevant public sector institutions and government departments. Housing cooperatives for the poor and the economically weaker sections of the society should be promoted through procedural simplifications and motivational measures.

In Kerala, houses for the urban poor has become a reality only through the sincere efforts of such cooperatives, which took great pain in bringing this issue to the notice of the government. Thus the government has now set aside sufficient amount of money in the annual budget to ensure a roof over the head for people with marginal incomes and living in urban slums.

The slums in Kerala were known until recent times as a hotbed of violence and other anti-social activities. In recent times the sincere efforts of the government in improving the lot of the people of these areas have started to bear fruit. Today people of these localities do have a changed outlook and thus to implement certain development programmes in these areas is not a difficult task.
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

I have taken out the advertising link to building firm in Kerala from the above post, but left it otherwise intact, curious as to why someone takes the trouble to write a note like this and post it in a French forum. There can't be a serious hope that it would attract business to the building firm, can there? Any ideas?

I must say it is so much better written than the average plug for counterfeit golf clubs translated from Chinese I see on golf forums, but lacks their surreal poetic quality.

I did look up Kerela as a result, so at least it has extended my general knowledge a bit. Turns out it is a tourist destination so maybe somebody here has visited?

http://www.keralatourism.org
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

I think it's all about their ranking on Google. One's placement near the top of a Google search is determined by (amongst other things) the number of links dotted around the internet to one's own website.

In the past people have constructed complex webs of interconnected websites all linking to each other in order to try to fool Google. Google is very wise now and can spot this so some people now spend a lot of time and effort "plugging" their site all over the net.

All credit to AD - Google will have ranked this site very highly indeed (because of its diverse relevant content and regular addition of material) so any link within it to another site will also gain significant Brownie Points by Google.

Best delete them all asap as they just clutter up the place.