Cloudy Swimming Pool

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Albert
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Albert »

Albert wrote:
Latest development. My neighbour dropped into Desjoyeaux today and discussed the problem. He sold him (for me) some tablets - 13 Euros. What they are supposed to do is to line the filter bag so that algae cannot penetrate and go back into the water after filtration.
Well they didn't work. I don't think my guess that the tablets would "line the bag" was correct either. Rather they acted as a kind of flocculant.

Anyway the good news is that the pool is now clear, at the end of a long process I think 2 things emerged.

1. Flocculant was the key, and
2. There needed to be an effective way of getting the algae off the bottom of the pool.

As the desjoyeaux system doesn't allow you to hoover the bottom of the pool without disturbing the water (water is always discharged back into the pool after filtration) my "Technical Advisor" (wife) suggested we syphoned the algae off. This took a few attempts, was a very slow process, but has finally paid off.
Blaze8100

Post by Blaze8100 »

Owning a swimming pool is one thing but maintaining it is a totally different ball game.I also facing this problem now a days.No doubt cloudy water can be alkalinity.
I must test chemical levels regularly,flush its filter, clean out the skimmer basket and vacuum.Vacuuming the pool removes leaves and other debris and helps to keep the water clear.Under normal circumstances,one thorough vacuum per week is usually all you need.