Small House in St Genis

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

HumberMart
Rank 0
Rank 0

Small House in St Genis

Post by HumberMart »

We have a small town house in St Genis. It is currently for sale, however it could be available for rental as an alternative to sale (long term) or on a monthly basis whilst it is up for sale.

Any enquiries please call Martyn on +44 7964 919754
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

house st ge'nis

Post by rhys »

More details would probably be helpful,
incl photos, and the price/s asked for the
various options ???
Street address / noise level ??
DanielHilf

Post by DanielHilf »

Can you please share the exact location? My brother is shifting there and looking for a good property.
HumberMart
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HumberMart »

It is in the Place de la Republique, Ave Des Alberes.

I will post photos etc. soon. There is no outside space, which obviously is the biggest draw back of the property, however the square and local park are useful and parking is no problem.

(see Avatar photo for some idea of location!)
patricko
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Location

Post by patricko »

HumberMart wrote:It is in the Place de la Republique, Ave Des Alberes.

I will post photos etc. soon. There is no outside space, which obviously is the biggest draw back of the property, however the square and local park are useful and parking is no problem.

(see Avatar photo for some idea of location!)
What is the asking price for rental?
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

why are people coy about stating the PRICE ??

Post by rhys »

Does anybody in the whole wide world understand what benefit derives to anyone from persons advertising houses to sell or to rent
NOT STATING CLEARLY WHAT PRICE THEY WISH TO OBTAIN, WHETHER FOR THE OUTRIGHT PURCHASE OR THE MONTHLY RENTAL ?????

presumably the advertisers do not wish to have their time wasted by receiving messages from persons who cannot or do not wish to expend the amount which the advertiser wishes to receive ??

And certainly I imagine huge numbers of persons seeing the ad assume that if the price is not stated we are in the area of ' If you have to ask the price that means you can't afford it '.

Therefore they do not respond at all to the ad, not wishing to be humiliated by reference to their lack of purchasing power..........
[ But maybe they could have afforded it ...... if so the advetiser has lost out..........]

So i merely ask, sincerely, from a desire to be enlightened about something which so far is wholly beyond my comprehension :

WHY do people advertise properties to sell or rent WITHOUT STATING THE DESIRED PURCHASE OR RENTAL PRICE ??????

WHY ?????

And has the time not come for this website to insist on a price being declared, even if it is hedged around with 'negotiable' or 'offers above...' ???

i just think that anything else leads to a whole lot of timewasting on many persons' parts.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Maybe they didn't want it on a public forum. I have enquirer before about various things with no asking price, from house rentals, to purchases, to furniture, cars and so forth. Just because someone doesn't thrust it out there doesn't mean they require the scathing comments above. Why should you force someone to tell you the price publicly if they don't want to, maybe they don't mind talking to people via email to give prices etc or maybe the price is very flexible for the right person?
HumberMart
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HumberMart »

Phipplebert wrote:Maybe they didn't want it on a public forum. I have enquirer before about various things with no asking price, from house rentals, to purchases, to furniture, cars and so forth. Just because someone doesn't thrust it out there doesn't mean they require the scathing comments above. Why should you force someone to tell you the price publicly if they don't want to, maybe they don't mind talking to people via email to give prices etc or maybe the price is very flexible for the right person?
Thank you very much Phipplebert for adding some wisdom to this before I responded to Rhys's rant with perhaps a little too much emotion.

We have the house up for sale with a local agent, and my original post was never meant to be a simple straightforward advertisement. We fully expect that it could be some time before the house sells, and although we have no loan on the property and it costs very little to run, it does seem a waste that it spends so much time unused.

Having been a visitor to this forum since we bought the property in 2007, and found it very useful, I thought about posting here to explore the possibilities of helping someone out with a short term let, whilst it was for sale. Or in fact if it appealed to someone we had faith in, a longer term let may be an option.

The value of any rental, no matter how bizarre this seems, it not our main criteria. The person(s) who may be interested, their circumstances, and references etc. would be our key concerns.

I posted my mobile no. so we're not exactly being devious here, and if anyone did the easiest of research, they'd soon find it listed by the agents in Laroque Des Alberes (Laroca) and a number of other websites they link with.

I was kind of hoping any response would be from the friendly side of the members on this forum, and if it got someone out of a hole in the process, then that would be a bonus.

However just to help rhys and show no hard feelings, we're just about to reduce the price to 69,000, in the hope it may sell before the winter, and when we did have it rented for a while, we received 350 per month.

As for wasting my time with too many enquiries. Chance would be a fine thing, I've only had one in 6 months!
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rhys »

And my strong suspicion would be { est-ce que je rante ou est-ce que je rante pas ?? ]

that now you have specified your money parameters you will get a WHOLE LOT MORE inquiries / responses, now that people know what sort of financial ball park you are talking about.

Do keep us informed .

NOTHING in your explanation in fact explains why you were previously reticent about stating the desired purchase / rental price.

I just think [ having been on both sides of similar ads ] that NOT being open about the price leads to a whole load of timewasting ( or possibly to the advertiser's detriment - no enquiry at all ) .

Ne'aumoins the fact that other issues might intrude into the equation beyond and additional to that of PRICE - surely you cannot be stating that the price you would accept, whether for rental or for outright purchase - is IRRELEVANT to whether you would deal with the enquirer ??

Are you stating that - if you for other, non - financial related reasons - liked the enquirer enormously............ he or she could offer you ten thousand euros for the outright purchase / 100 euros per month for the rental................. and you would consider it ???

if the answer to that is 'No - of course we would still require more than that silly sum of money ' - then what on earth is the objection to specifying - at a minimum - the absolute minimum price you would consider, and / or the OIRO figure you would prefer to consider ??

When people are considering purchasing OR renting a flat or house of course many issues are important beyond that of the price involved -
but the number of people for whom the price requested is irrelevant [ ? Madonna / lady Gaga / Paul McCartney ?? ] must be vanishingly small.

Whatever other issues you consider important when considering potential purchasers or renters - what is the benefit TO YOU of not specifying, in advance of any correspondence , the minimum price you would accept for the rental or purchase ??

What is the benefit TO YOU ???? of that failure to be clear as to what you require ??

from what you say - the small number of inquiries so far - I think i can rest my case.............
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

rhys wrote:And my strong suspicion would be { est-ce que je rante ou est-ce que je rante pas ?? ]

that now you have specified your money parameters you will get a WHOLE LOT MORE inquiries / responses, now that people know what sort of financial ball park you are talking about.

Do keep us informed .

NOTHING in your explanation in fact explains why you were previously reticent about stating the desired purchase / rental price.

I just think [ having been on both sides of similar ads ] that NOT being open about the price leads to a whole load of timewasting ( or possibly to the advertiser's detriment - no enquiry at all ) .

Ne'aumoins the fact that other issues might intrude into the equation beyond and additional to that of PRICE - surely you cannot be stating that the price you would accept, whether for rental or for outright purchase - is IRRELEVANT to whether you would deal with the enquirer ??

Are you stating that - if you for other, non - financial related reasons - liked the enquirer enormously............ he or she could offer you ten thousand euros for the outright purchase / 100 euros per month for the rental................. and you would consider it ???

if the answer to that is 'No - of course we would still require more than that silly sum of money ' - then what on earth is the objection to specifying - at a minimum - the absolute minimum price you would consider, and / or the OIRO figure you would prefer to consider ??

When people are considering purchasing OR renting a flat or house of course many issues are important beyond that of the price involved -
but the number of people for whom the price requested is irrelevant [ ? Madonna / lady Gaga / Paul McCartney ?? ] must be vanishingly small.

Whatever other issues you consider important when considering potential purchasers or renters - what is the benefit TO YOU of not specifying, in advance of any correspondence , the minimum price you would accept for the rental or purchase ??

What is the benefit TO YOU ???? of that failure to be clear as to what you require ??

from what you say - the small number of inquiries so far - I think i can rest my case.............
Wow, I never thought this would come to rest!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
patricko
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by patricko »

'If you have to ask the price that means you can't afford it ' is one of those typical nouveau riche 'look everyone, I have money' sayings. Poor or rich, one should not spend more money than necessary or more than something's worth.
Just my 5c :)
HumberMart
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HumberMart »

Wow, I'm beggining to feel like I'm involved in some kind of spin doctoring process, designed to whip up some column inches and gain profile and free advertising.

I would check this innocent little thread every other week, in the hope that someone may have read it, and then BANG! it all gone crazy.

Wowwweeeee............
patricko
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by patricko »

HumberMart wrote:Wow, I'm beggining to feel like I'm involved in some kind of spin doctoring process, designed to whip up some column inches and gain profile and free advertising.

I would check this innocent little thread every other week, in the hope that someone may have read it, and then BANG! it all gone crazy.

Wowwweeeee............

But what's the price ? :)
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

The price is above.....
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Surely price and exact details are something that should be discussed in a PM.
Dylan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

innocent little thread
Perfect description. That is exactly what it is, so untwist thy culottes ladies and gents, read it back, and have a laugh like I did. Isn't this what the forum is for? You want to let people know you have a house to rent so you post it.

We all have different ways of posting/presenting things.

Martyn, at least this discussion wiil keep the thread current, so every cloud!! :lol: :lol: