Property wanted to purchase

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Property wanted to purchase

Post by Sue »

I have received the following message and should be grateful if anyone who has anything suitable for sale would contact me by PM.

'looking for house with back garden of at least 600 sq m walking to shops and/or beach. Minimum 3 bedrooms. Condition not important. Argeles sur Mer or nearby village. Up to 190,000 euros (we are cash buyers).
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Property wanted to purchase

Post by blackduff »

Sue wrote:I have received the following message and should be grateful if anyone who has anything suitable for sale would contact me by PM.

'looking for house with back garden of at least 600 sq m walking to shops and/or beach. Minimum 3 bedrooms. Condition not important. Argeles sur Mer or nearby village. Up to 190,000 euros (we are cash buyers).
Sue
I was just wondering about a cash transaction, ie, is this legal here in France. Also, the transfer through the Notaire might stop the deal. I don't think that they're going to handle just "Cash". Hmmm.

Just wondering!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Satbloke66
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Property wanted to purchase

Post by Satbloke66 »

blackduff wrote:
Sue wrote:I have received the following message and should be grateful if anyone who has anything suitable for sale would contact me by PM.

Sue
I was just wondering about a cash transaction, ie, is this legal here in France. Also, the transfer through the Notaire might stop the deal. I don't think that they're going to handle just "Cash". Hmmm.

Just wondering!

Blackduff
Cash buyer means no loan required... and usually no property to sell
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Exactly Satbloke. I am told the money is in the bank, no loan required but will, of course, go through the normal legal channels.
Dylan
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Maybe they mean that they don't need a mortgage?