MUCH REDUCED Holiday 'Mobil~Home' For Sale Argelès sur Mer

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

MUCH REDUCED Holiday 'Mobil~Home' For Sale Argelès sur Mer

Post by rhys »

Old but pleasant 'Mobil~Home' as they are called down here for sale on Equinoxe campsite -

£2,000 or best offer for quick sale. To remove from Camping in Argelès sur Mer.

There have been no takers for this caravan when it was offered in conjunction with a very pleasant Emplacement at the green edge of the Equinoxe site. ( I suppose I should have advertised more widely than just on this site.........Too late now. )

I am therefore now offering it at bargain basement price with a view to it being removed from the site ( there are people who will transport it for you within the region, probably on a Sunday to avoid causing traffic buildups ).

For someone with a decent sized bit of terrain I would have thought it could do excellent service as a Guest Wing / Gîte and so on ?
A good rub down with TCut and / or a quick coat of paint would be all it would need to look cheerful at the bottom of someone's garden. An old wooden shed can be thrown in, as it were, if desired.

Should there be anyone reading this who IS interested in acquiring a cheapo residential base in the area there still may be the possibility of keeping it on Equinoxe Camping so please inquire as to that via Private Message.

I have just bought a somewhat larger caravan on the same Camping Equinoxe, thus my current, smaller but nicely situated, residential caravan is up for sale. The fact that I am staying on Equinoxe , rather than taking the moving opportunity to translate to a different Camping is evidence that I think Equinoxe is one of the best Campings in Argelès.

I think the dimensions are 28ft x 8ft, and it is located on one of the larger emplacements.

The particularly attractive feature of Equinoxe is that it is located a 15 ~20 minute walk from the Réserve Naturelle du Mas Larrieu which must be one of the most peaceful, unspoilt beaches on the Med ( NB no lifeguards though ). And it is a safe walk, with little traffic. Just google for info and pics..

Caravan has 1 x double ( small ! ) and 1 x twin (very small!) bedrooms, plus shower room with wc and living area ( small! ). But then in summer you mainly dine / hang outside on the terrace.

Working French TNT aerial ( no TV as I took mine to the new van! ) Some delightful plantings, including a lemon tree which seems to be doing well, albeit no fruits as yet.

Annual fees to the Camping ( paid up till end December 2017 ) are currently in the order of Euros 3,000 per year ( due in January) : this gives you an entitlement to live in the caravan for up to nine months each calendar year ( you choose the months ~ it is open year round ). Elec and water are extra; gas botts for stove and water heater ( certified safety serviced in June ).

Well managed Camping : poolside restaurant in summer months with excellent Argentinian chef. Peaceful emplacement. Good mix of French and non French owners on the site. Well behaved dogs ( always on leash ) permitted. Parking for one car at the emplacement itself.

Only negative I can think of is that the Camping ( like most of them ) maintains a 'twenty year rule' by which they reserve the right to evict any vans reaching that age ( which would be in 3 or 4 years' time for the van in question.) They have been known to make exceptions, discreetly, but this cannot be relied upon.

More info available through PMs. But this is a genuine bargain. Priced to sell now.