Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Madeleine
Rank 2
Rank 2

Wooden windows

Post by Madeleine »

Hi,
Can anybody recommend someone to supply and fit wooden double glazing? I need to replace windows and doors in our house which is attached to a listed chapel and in a conservation area, so it has to be wood. I have already talked to Tryba and am trying to get Corcoy out to give us a quote but it is taking forever.
Would also be interested in recommendations for blown insulation firms (if that is English isolation soufflée in French).
Thanks in advance.
Madeleine
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Wooden windows

Post by martyn94 »

If you are having anything else done by way of doors or windows or shutters, it might be worth just asking them. If I could be bothered, I would look out the people who did mine, but the choice would be no more scientific than it was last time, as well being seven years out of date. And the make-up work will be put out to the same two or three firms who do them all. I would be more interested in the fitting than the supply: they might be able to show you some other work they have done.

But it’s not rocket science, unless I was just lucky.
Madeleine
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Madeleine »

martyn94 wrote: Mon 06 May 2019 18:12 If you are having anything else done by way of doors or windows or shutters, it might be worth just asking them.
Sorry, who would it be worth asking? I'm not having much luck finding anyone who wants to come and give me a quote for the windows, apart from Tryba and he was quite unhelpful and rather expensive especially considering he had told me that the installation was free as I'd come via P-O Life. Corcoy says that the rep will ring back and he never does. Everybody else seems to want to do aluminium or uPVC which I can't have, even if I wanted to. I know I could go to La Peyre but they charge €85 to come out and do a devis and I'm struggling to find a menuisier. Hence the request for recommendations.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

There is an exhibition that starts tomorrow in Perpignan, The Foire Expo. It is a bit like the ideal home exhibition and there are always loads of glazing and joinery firms there. It may be worth a look.

You can get a free admission ticket here https://pole-artisan.com/realisations/l ... -grand-jeu
Madeleine
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Madeleine »

Thanks - unfortunately I'm UK bound tomorrow. Tant pis and thanks anyway.
Rombolo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rombolo »

https://www.kiwiconstruction.fr/windows-and-doors

First to come up on Google when searching for your needs. Entrepreneurial family firm so may travel for larger projects.
Madeleine
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Madeleine »

Thank you Rombolo
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

I came to this thread late, so you may have already got something organised. If not, I can thoroughly recommend Vidal Menuiserie at Maureillas, near Céret. They have made and installed a number of wooden doors and windows in my house, and done a good job - not particularly cheap, but of course you get what you pay for. Rose-Marie, the former co-owner, still works for them part-time, speaks some English, and is charming and very helpful.

l can give you more details if required.
Madeleine
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Madeleine »

Thank you Steve, I've found their details will get in touch with them once I'm back in France next week.