Lost!

Gardening/Walking/Nature trails & wildlife. Share your experiences here...

Moderator: Moderators

carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I am a mere 72 and I feel fitter than I have since I was 22. ( I stopped skating when I got pregnant and did no real exercise until I discovered the joys of mountain walking when I retired to France.)
I have had a three hour walk this morning, up to the summit of the ski slopes - not another soul to be seen in all those beautiful, green acres. The views are spectacular - North to Lake Geneva and South to Mont Blanc. Simply by walking, I have lost two stones, reduced my bp and cholesterol to normal limits, 'cured' arthritis in my knees, hips and lower back, and very much reduced a varicose vein. I can now climb several hundred feet up a very steep path without much increase in my heart rate and without getting breathless.
I have ten grandchildren and four great-grand-daughters and I have every intention of seeing some great-great-grandchildren before I go!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I admire you immensely Carol and just wish I could find the same drive and energy. Long may you carry on doing what you are doing and obviously getting so much enjoyment and benefits from it.
Dylan
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Thank you - I do enjoy life, in spite of my great concern for my younger daughter who became addicted to codeine after a botched operation and now suffers from paranoid delusions. She thinks I have stolen from her (in fact, I lost about £30,000 when I sold my little house in Aude and lent her all the money until her damages claim was settled). She has broken off all contact with myself, her sister, and her six nephews and nieces, and persuaded three of her four children (all adults) to do the same. Her eldest daughter knows the truth and keeps in regular touch with us.
My life would be idyllic if ever she had a change of heart, but in the meantime I am not going to let it ruin my retirement.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thats very sad Carol but unfortunately for one reason or another that happens to a lot of families. I too have a daughter with whom I have little or no contact through no fault on my behalf.
Dylan
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

You are quite right - I am a member of Gransnet and there are so many grandparents who are estranged from their children, and often denied contact with their grandchildren. Sometimes when a couple split up, the children are used as ammunition to 'punish' the other partner and the grandparents suffer as well.