Cycle path

Gardening/Walking/Nature trails & wildlife. Share your experiences here...

Moderator: Moderators

tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Cycle path

Post by tubs »

Anyone done the 40km cycle ride from Argeles to La Jonquera Along the voie verte yet? We did St Genis to Maureillas yesterday. Lovely,all off road with just one incline. Wondered what the last bit to La Jonquera was like. Anyone know?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I regularly do Maureillas to Argeles, but havent gone the other way yet. I know the walk to Perthus, and there are a couple of hefty hills to puff up, so can't work out where the voie verte track to La Jonq goes without going up some mean slopes.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Cycle path

Post by tubs »

That was my fear that there'd be hills!!!
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I know a woman who rode the bike up to Perthus and then she returned and changed went up to Neulous. She looks very fit~she does a lot of running. She said that the ride direct to Perthus is rideable, if you're a biker.

Taking the road direct to Perthus is fighting with a lot of traffic.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Will pop into the Mairie tomorrow and see if they can give me some info. I can ride for hours on the flat but I don't do hills. :oops:
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Le Perthus is Definitely on top of a Hill (if not Mountain) !!!! :D or that's the way it seems when driving up the road to it!!!
I use an electric Bike which helps in the hills, i would buy one that recharged on the Downhills next time!!
Useful living where i do as we are surrounded by them!!!