Plumber in/around Argeles?

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Plumber in/around Argeles?

Post by susie »

Hi, I notice there have been some previous 'plumber needed' type threads, but none too recent, so thought I'd ask for some advice.

Looks like I need a plumber PDQ in Argeles. Electric boiler/chauffage d'eau has developed a leak and is now dripping in the bathroom. It's not about to be a major disaster (I hope), but I think I should get it seen to.

There's no obvious hole, but the water is coming through the inner casings, into the insulation and dripping out the bottom.

Hope it's a possible repair rather than a new one, but guess I need a professional to have a look at it.

Any recommendations for local, (reasonable-cost) plumbers, gratefully received.
Susie
marinamen
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by marinamen »

we had the same problem and we used the following firm:
Arnaud Alaminos 06 13 54 57 71. They are based in Argeles

They were excellent and provide a 24/7 emergency call out 365 days per year. We highly recommend them.

Good luck
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Thank you. I'll give them a call. Been trawling internet sites and it seems a common problem. Hopefully it might be straight forward (fingers and everything else crossed).

Did you need a new boiler or was it a repair job? Hopefully not to expensive for you (and me!).

Thanks again#
Susie
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Look for Rob Tabaka. He lives in St. Andre and he's English. I don't have the telephone number but he's in the directory.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Hi susie :)

If you can hang on for a bit, Rob returns to the region in July ;)
http://www.morleyrenovation.eu/

Cheers Sav :)
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Thank you Blackduff - have found the number.

Thanks Sav - I thought of Rob first - but while I can hang on til then I'm not sure my boiler will. It might be something or nothing. That's the big problem, I'm not sure how long I can tarry on it, without making it worse, or if it's no big deal and I can stick a bucket under it for months.

But thank you both for your assistance
Susie
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

susie wrote: Thanks Sav - I thought of Rob first - but while I can hang on til then I'm not sure my boiler will. It might be something or nothing. That's the big problem, I'm not sure how long I can tarry on it, without making it worse, or if it's no big deal and I can stick a bucket under it for months.

No problem ;)
You could always drop him a line, i'm sure he will be happy to give you advice to contain things.

Last edited by Sav on Mon 04 Jun 2012 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

Sav wrote:
susie wrote: Thanks Sav - I thought of Rob first - but while I can hang on til then I'm not sure my boiler will. It might be something or nothing. That's the big problem, I'm not sure how long I can tarry on it, without making it worse, or if it's no big deal and I can stick a bucket under it for months.

No problem ;)
You could always drop him a line, i'm sure he will be happy to give you advise to contain things.

Unfortunately my teleportation machine is suffering a malfunction Sav! :lol:

I've sent you a PM Susie, please check your inbox :)
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

mrob343 wrote: Unfortunately my teleportation machine is suffering a malfunction Sav! :lol:
I did say July tut :roll:
Now get on with that packing :lol:

susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Thanks to all for help and advice (teleportation machines permitting!)
Susie
Susie
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Hi, Thought I'd better supply the 'ending' and a happy one it was too.

First, thanks to everyone for advice and phone numbers. I tried them all and Arnaud Alaminos of Argeles was the first to respond. He operates out of a garage on the road just outside Argeles village to Collioure. I must say he was first rate and surprisingly reasonable.

I phone him one afternoon, he came round an hour later, declared the boiler 'kaput', was back the following morning with his team (and I live four floors up with no lift!). Old boiler out, new boiler in, no fuss, no mess, job done, receipt, guarantee, good bit of advice. Nice, polite, helpful guys - and what I consider to be a very reasonable price for the job.

Doesn't speak English and I wouldn't say my French is fluent-plumber-speak - in fact, I don't know by ballcocks from my flanges in any language. But we got by.

All in all, a job well done.

Thanks to everyone on here for the advice - and thanks also to Rob for taking time out in his packing to offer his take on it.

For anyone interested:
Arnaud Alaminos: Tel 06 13 54 57 71

(I'm not on commission - honestly - but mention my name, as I said that I would pass on a recommendation via PO Life when I concluded the 'Plumber Needed' saga).

Cheers
Susie
Susie
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks Susie. I have him coming tomorrow morning. Rang him this afternoon and he replied to my message within an hour. Hopefully he will get rid of my leak.
Dylan
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Hi sue, how I'd you get on with Arnie the plumber?
Susie
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Brilliant. Was due at 8 30 yesterday, received a call at 8 40 to apologise men were running late and would be with me 9 15/9 30. Turned up 9 20. Found problem and completed repair within an hour. Apparently all my water inlets, ie handbasin, loo, kitchen and appliances have same problem so could leak anytime. Quoted me a reasonable price to include labour, materials and TVA so are having them back to carry out works. Forgot to mention your recommendation, think I was trying to hard to get to grips with all the french plumber speak!! My limit is fuite and tuyau!!
Dylan
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Plumber Argeles sur Mer

Post by Smiley G »

Marinaman put a post on here recommending a plumber in Argeles sur Mer, namely:
Arnaud Alaminos.

We have had an absolute nightmare with him this week and would never use him again.

Perhaps it's just us? but just to make you aware perhaps he's not as good as he used to be!
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
CharlesRyder
Rank 1
Rank 1

Arnaud ALIMINOS

Post by CharlesRyder »

I wouldn't use him either after a nightmare with an Ariston water heater which was not fitted in accordance with their installation manual.
The safety valve failed because it was the wrong type and after loads of letters to Ariston, another plumber, EDS, fixed it all.
All the best from wet and soggy Glos.