8mm film to DVD

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Anniseed
Rank 2
Rank 2

8mm film to DVD

Post by Anniseed »

Does any one know where I might get 8 mm films transfered to DVD in the Perpignan area?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: 8mm film to DVD

Post by Allan »

Anniseed wrote:Does any one know where I might get 8 mm films transfered to DVD in the Perpignan area?
Creapolis in the Passage Doisneau just off the Quai Vauban will do it for you - nice people and very helpful

http://www.creapolis.fr/image-service/transfert-video/
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

When using this type of service there are things to consider. Do you just want a straight transfer to DVD so you can play the unedited images direct. In whatever sequence they are transferred. Or do you want them transferred as separate video files so that you can view them and edit them using a PC. And then burn the final edit to DVD and make multiple copies.

Have you seen any examples of their work? Are they using a proper studio transfer machine or just projecting them on a screen and refilming using a video camera?

These are the thoughts of my husband who knows about this kind of thing!

Mary
Anniseed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Anniseed »

Thank you , the info has been really helpful so I will investigate next time I am in Perps :lol: