Looking for man with a van

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Quintus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking for man with a van

Post by Quintus »

Hi, we are looking for man with a van to transport few items of furniture (table, 6 chairs, coffee table, commode et few smaller items) from Perpignan to Serralongue.

If you can help or you can recommend someone, please send me a private message. Thanks a lot.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

If that fails, many supermarkets hire out vans by the half day at very reasonable rates, and on an ordinary car licence.
Quintus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Quintus »

Thank you very much martyn94.

We will hire van ourselves if we cannot find a man with a van but we are hoping to find someone who can also help to lift some items as well.
Thanks.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Quintus wrote:Thank you very much martyn94.

We will hire van ourselves if we cannot find a man with a van but we are hoping to find someone who can also help to lift some items as well.
Thanks.
I mentioned it because I have done it myself (from a supermarket a few hundred metres away) and was pleasantly surprised. But I didn't have to do the heavy lifting. I can't easily judge how awkward your load would be for you. And I'm certainly not volunteering to carry the other end of things.

But if you do find someone, tell us all. A courtesy that I am sure that I have honoured in the breach.