Garage service Argeles Sur Mer

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Garage service Argeles Sur Mer

Post by mand »

Hi, Having only just arrived as a new full time resident can anyone recommend a good garage to take the car for servicing doesn't have to be in Argeles itself we are happy to travel out a bit to get good service and not be ripped off.

Thanks
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Welcome Mand! :D :D :D :D

Hope you will be as happy here as I am - I can't wish you more than that! :D :D :D :D
mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mand »

Thanks, hopefully we will but haven't got off to a good start, i 've been ill with food poisioning.

Having problems trying to sort out insurance for re-registering the car, Axa won't give us quote without proof of no claims our current insurers won't give us the proof until we cancel, so it looks like we might have to go without a car for a while if we need to cancel insurance and wait for proof before we can insure in France.

doesn't anyone have their cars serviced in France?lol ...
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

According to my hubby your insurance company are legally bound to give you a letter confirming your claims history so if I were you I would insist. He had to enlighten my insurance company and a letter arrived within the week.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

We are with Generali here. They gave us insurance straightaway even though we were still on British plates and had no written confirmation of our no claims history in UK. They took our word for it trusted us. Must have an honest face I suppose.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

garage service

Post by Sue »

Hi Mand. We live in an apartment and our 5 neighbours are all french. Our adjoining neighbour works in a car body shop on the industrial estate and recommended the Garage du Littoral for us to have our car serviced. In fact it now seems all our neighbours use them. We have in fact always found them pleasant, reasonable, honest and accommodating. Hey are on the industrial estate Rue des Faisans. Tel 04 68 95 70 08. If you come from the direction of the village you have Liberty Coiffure on your right take the first left after (almost opposite) and the garage is 20 yds on your left opposite the painters and decorators. Coming from the other direction take a right atthe roundabout before Picards left at the mini roundabout past back of Gifi past Point S and its in front of you. We have even bought our current car off them and obtained an excellent deal. They speak no english whatsoever then why should they?
Dylan
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

I have used that garage too and they always come across as honest and do a decent job.
"She knew the price of everything, but the value of nothing"

If it's hard to do, it's not worth doing.
mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mand »

Thank you will give them a try.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Garage Peris in Villelongue dels Monts, has looked after our car for 3 years and they are hnonest, reiable and very competitive.
Full servic, 2 new tyres - 240 euro.