Good vets in or near Collioure

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Good vets in or near Collioure

Post by Sue234 »

Hi there, I'll be bringing my two beautiful labrador ladies to Collioure with me in October for a few weeks. First time!!! Sadly, one has a touch of arthritis and will require at least one monthly injection during the visit. Can anyone please recommend a good vet who might also speak a little English (she hasn't been doing her French lessons)? Not sure whether this is the right forum for this topic, but hope someone might be able to help.

Or.....put me right as to where my question might better be placed.

Many thanks

Sue
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

There's a good vet office which is located in Corneilla Del Vercol. This is located on the voie rapid from Perpignan towards Collioure. Heading past the village you will see the vet's large office. It's on the left.

The head vet is called Jean Marie Cambier. He possibly speaks English. He has another vet there called Florence Audran. I think she might speak English too.

Both Vets have taken care of my Labs and I would say they're worth using for your's too.

You will see their office on the left. It's a mustard colour and just as the voie rapid starts to turn left. You can take the next exit and return back to the vet's office.

If this doesn't work, post again and I'll find the vets in Argeles.

Good luck. Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

vétérinaire

Post by monsans »

I would recommend Dr. Paul Bontemps, 6 ave. du 8 Mai 1945, 66700 Argeles sur Mer. 04.68.81.04.26. He has been looking after 'Bentley' since 2004. He does speak English, if required.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

The new Vet in St Cyprien speaks English and has been very good to us.
Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sue234 »

Thank you Blackduff, Monsans and Nigel & Karen, for responding. I feel much more confident about bringing the dogs with me on the trip now I know where the nearest good vets are to be found.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

We would certainly second Blackduff's recommendation. Very good vets at Corneilla del Vercol. They looked after our Golden Retriever for years, and now Frank
Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sue234 »

Cheers, Sue and Paul,

Sue