animal sanctuary in need of help

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

animal sanctuary in need of help

Post by tia »

Hi, actually lancing an appeal for an english charity who's ambulance has broken down and they are appealing for donations to beable to repair it as soon as possible. the name is brook farm animal sanctuary and donations can be made online. This charity saves all sorts of animals (even sheep ,cows and chickens ) they are vegan so keep them or rehome them where they will be safe. (actually quite surprised when I went there with a friend as I'd never been to a farm that does not breed animals for the food chain). Please visit their site , they also have a facebook page under the same name.
thank you
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

from Helen

Thanks for this info, Tia.

This is part of the Brooke Hospital for Animals begun in 1934 by 2 British ladies stationed with their husbands in Egypt. They started saving old, worn out horses & donkeys, and continued their excellent work once they were back in England. There's a shop where you can buy cards & gifts * at Christmas - or at any time! To shop go to
The Brooke,
30 Farringdon Street,
London EC 4A 4HH
www.thebrooke.org

*[/b] E.G. You can buy a birthday present for someone: send £X/X euros, and the gift you choose will be sent to the sanctuary in your friend's name. Far more satisfying for everyone than receiving socks or chocolates!
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

hi there, I'm not sure if this is the same one as the website is www.brook-farm.org.uk . They never put an animal down whatever it's problems and have done wonders with dogs and horses. (Unless of course if the vet advises to do this).
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

You're probably right, Lisa.
Both excellent charities, though, and if anyone has a few spare bob, think of the ambulance waiting to be repaired...

Helen
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

yes I agree and every little bit helps. Have sent a very small donation but better than nothing