Getting tick treatment and pet passport stamped in Argeles

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

S Hart

Getting tick treatment and pet passport stamped in Argeles

Post by S Hart »

We travel throughout the year to Argeles, we are now planning to take our pup back and forth with us. Does anyone know a vet in the area who is approved to give the tick treatment, provide correct paperwork and stamp her passport
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

We always use Medivet at Corneilla del Vercol and have been very satisfied for more than 6 years. Can't advise re specific treatments but they do pretty much everything, including surgery

N Route Nationale 66200 Corneilla-Del-Vercol France‎
+33 4 68 22 55 13
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

I use the vet in st cyprien village near the swimming pool. He has filled in passports for me in the past to travel to the uk withdogs and cats. If I remember right you do not need the tick treatment, just the wormer for dogs and the rabies injection done at least 21 days before travel. ( and of course they have to be chipped)
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

We use the new vet in St Cyp next to weldom (English speaking) always helpful.
S Hart

Pet passports

Post by S Hart »

Thanks everyone for your replies I can get to St Cyprien so could use that, there are also two vets in Argeles and I just wondered if anyone had used them also I don't know if any vet can do it or is it like he UK where the vet has to be specifically authorised to issue passports etc
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

We always take our dogs to the vets in Argeles on the road in front of the large Intermarche where there is also a little row of shops. We havent taken our dogs out of France but they have their rabies injection, tick treatment and worming. All treatment is marked by the vets on the dogs passports and and on the vets records.
Dylan
S Hart

Pet passport

Post by S Hart »

Thank you Dylan, there are two that I can think of one is Paul Bontemps and the other Stephanie Benhamdine, do you know which one you use or have tel no as would like to know I phone the right one when making appointment. (especially as I don't speak French it may get even more confusing!!!)

Thanks again

Susan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

We go to Dr Benhamdine Tel 04 68 89 20 02. She has a little English but not much. There is another vet who is there occasionally who speaks very good english. I dont know her name, sorry, but she has dark hair and glasses!! Having said that we are always very happy with which ever one we see.
Dylan
gordonandann
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gordonandann »

Hi,
We used to have to book a vet near Dunkirk before the rules changed as we travel to and from UK several times a year from St Cyprien. Since the rule change and we have 5 days after the visit to the vet we have used the vet in Argeles and have been very happy with the service.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

gordonandann wrote:Hi,
We used to have to book a vet near Dunkirk before the rules changed as we travel to and from UK several times a year from St Cyprien. Since the rule change and we have 5 days after the visit to the vet we have used the vet in Argeles and have been very happy with the service.
:? :? :?

Any chance to say the name of the vet. There are several in Argeles.

blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
S Hart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Pet passport

Post by S Hart »

Yes it would be great if you could give name or location of the one you use in Argeles, as it would give peace of mind that others had used that particular vet and brought their dog back to UK without any problems

Susan
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

vet argeles

Post by monsans »

Paul Bontemps 6 Ave. de 8 Mai, 1945 Argeles sur Mer 0468810426 Hours 9-12 14.30-18.30. Certainly does all necessary paperwork and treatments required for travel. Before one gets to Lidl on thesame side of the street coming from village towards the sea.
S Hart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Pet passports

Post by S Hart »

Thank you everyone, especially Monsans who appears to have used the vet mentioned in Argeles, feel so much happier when booking appointment to bring my puppy back to UK. It's the first time I have used this site, despite being in Argeles for around 3 or 4 months a year (not all in one go!) for the last 10 years! It is so helpful and a wonderful idea