WANTED photography subjects...

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

Phipplebert

WANTED photography subjects...

Post by Phipplebert »

Can anyone help?

I am on the look out for photography subjects.

Rabbits (pref lop eared), guinea pigs, dogs, cats, horses etc. young animals, rare animals. Ideally purebred for animals esp dogs but would consider some mixes. Also young farm animals, chicks, ducklings, piglets etc.

I am wanting to extend my photography catalogue of breeds.

As local as possible to the Alberes, dept 66.

No time scale set on this yet, I am just seeing if anyone would be interested.

Thanks in advance.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

have dogs and cats , pure bred old gsd, and bichon frisé , the others wouldn't know as all rescues. cats all different colours and sizes, long haired and shorthaired. have 2 horses not purebred though either. The association has chickens and goats ( kid goat there at the moment) . Other wise you could ask at the ferme de bonheur in argeles , lorenzo has just about everything there. It is an association that takes in old and unwanted farm animals mainly, they have visiting days. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere, but worth the visit. They also have loads of dogs and cats so you might find what you are looking for.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Sounds super.

I think I need to organise myself and maybe sort something out. The cats sound perfect. The dogs sound lovely and I will look into the farm animals. If you know of any small furries i.e. rabbits, gpigs etc, do let me know.
Are they all in one place?

Thank you
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

P.S. the horses also sound fab, they do not need to be purebred :)
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

have 3 rabbits here at the moment, 2 lapins nain and another one that was found under a car in the village. Not sure what breed it is but I need to place it urgently as the other 2 will not accept it and are getting quite aggresive towards it. I think it use to be a house rabbit as it keeps trying to get in the house, it has great big ears and is twice the size of the others.
dogs , cats and rabbits are all at my home in alenya, horses in villeneuve de la raho, goats and chickens are between alenya and elne. Dogs are a bit scruffy at the moment , 4 of them will be going to the toilettage end of march beginning of april ( too cold before). let me know if you want to take photos , might be best to wait til it's a bit warmer though.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Thank you, that's fab. I agree it needs a few warm days although not mid summer. If its ok, I will sort out in my hear what I would ideally like and then come back to you, poss via PM and maybe we an arrange something and see if it is possible? Thanks so much.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

ok no problem. If you go to the ferme de bonheur you could say that it was the association les niches du coeur ( bernadette)that recommended them. Lorenzo has just about everything there ( loads of rabbits so you're bound to find the breed you want there). he has just taken in a horse that a friend saved from the butchers.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

We have a really cute Yorkie that we got from the SPA via tia and live in Argeles.
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

We took Pepe and Dylan to be clipped last month and the lady there said dogs are better with shorter hair in winter to stop the damp collecting in their coats and making them cold and that she does more business in winter than summer!!
Last edited by Sue on Tue 05 Mar 2013 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
Caroline
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Caroline »

We have a lovely tri-coloured border collie who would love to have her photo taken! We are near Thuir but are often in your area.
Caroline
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Ooh both of these sound fab too....

I will be in touch, I'm just gathering ideas at the moment :)
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Frank, seen here, isn't thoroughbred, and if you're taking stills, he might not be able to pose for long enough, but if you're doing a fast-moving video, he'd be ideal. He's part husky (blue eyes, curled back tail) and part chien de chasse (white, tan, black). Especially the chasse bit