blind spaniel

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

blind spaniel

Post by tia »

blind epagneul francais, 13 years old. He is still at the pound and his time is running out. At the moment he is being kept with the cats so ok with them. Would anybody be willing to take him in ,even temporarily until we can find him a home. The teckel was lucky as the owners finally felt guilty and went back to get him.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: blind spaniel

Post by russell »

tia wrote:The teckel was lucky as the owners finally felt guilty and went back to get him.
Not sure that's lucky with owners like that!

Russell.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

I know but probably better than living until the end of it's life at the pound.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Tia
I have a friend who wants a new Lab puppy. She's wants a female,

If you have something in your area, send me a PM.

The woman probably will pay for the puppy and she's not requiring a great lineage~she's always had a Lab and her last one is dead.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

ok, will aks bernadette and let you know, does it have to be pure bred or can it be a cross?
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Tia
We will ask her if x~lab would work. I expect she would look at the dog(s) since her last one wasn't a beauty.
Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Tia
My wife called to the woman and here's a few more details.

> She will accept a x-cross Lab, if it looks mostly like a Lab

>She accepts a puppy or a dog which is up to one year old. Actually, a dog up to one years old is kinda good.

> She wants a female and it must be black.

It sounds of restrictions but she's a good home for the dog. I've known her for twenty years and she's good for the dog.

She doesn't speak English, as far as I know. I'm not certain but I think you speak French and/or are French.

I'll keep looking for other choices too.

Blackduff
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

ok, will ask bernadette tomorrow, never know
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

your friend could look on the doglinks site. Evelyne advertises dogs all over france and arranges transport for them if they are not nearby. Will also ask around
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Tia
We found a nice Lab female at the Phoenix group. My wife is talking to the woman who wants a dog. Hopefully this will turn out correct. The dog is 7 months old, which is great.

I'll give you the results when I find how this will work.

Finding the dog is the easiest part of this dog adoption. The Phoenix is up by the Dordogne, I think.

More later.

Blackduff
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Tia
Keep your fingers and toes crossed. The woman said she wants that dog NOW! My wife is calling the email to who has the adoption dog and it should maybe might find a great pooch.

Blackduff
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Tia
The Lab X (Rosie) was adopted an hour before my wife sent the email. It's sad sometimes but we're going to keep looking for the woman's need. Geeez, things turn out bad some days.

Blackduff
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

has she rang doglinks, evelyne also helps phoenix as well as many other associations, she may beable to help her. her email is doglinks.fr@gmail.com. The website is doglinks.wordpress.com
I know she is looking for a female but there is a lovely black male labrador on there, you never know she might fall in love with his picture. If not evelyne might know of one for adoption somewhere in france and will arrange transport if necessary.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Tia
I went through all of the dogs from the links from the doglinks. There's even a female yellow from the Perdu site but the female was just found. Yet, this woman wants the two things ~ female and black.

She doesn't speak english and she's not on the internet. This gives a big problem trying to find a dog. But, when this female called Rosie was offered, she wanted to say immediately.

The lady which was gave my wife the information about Rosie, and she will look around too.

We tried to contact the breeder at Tentigel Winds (Sp?) but she's on vacation or somewhere for the moment. My wife sent an email to see if she has any pooches which need a home but this breeder sells the dogs at about 1,000€ per copy. We're hoping that there's a pooch which needs to be re-homed.

My wife is involved with the St. Cyprien's dog club and maybe she can find another source for the pooch.

I'll keep looking.

Blackduff
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

am asking around, bernadette will ring the pound and see if there is one there, would have to be sure she will take it though as we have no space for another dog at the moment. will let you know,
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

black duff, have sent you a pm, your friend or yourself can ring bernadette directly if you want, she may be able to help. ( french speaking only)
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Tia
It's great. My wife will call her tomorrow and see if she can call Bernadette. This woman lives in Port Vendres and she has had a car. I cannot say whether the woman would change her from a female to male or colour but things change when a dog is in front of a person. Maybe if it's a male which has been castrated, it would make a change. Who knows.

Thanks for your help.

I know you have mentioned that you have too many dogs now, my vet currently has about 17 pooches at her house. I think most are Border Collies but she has her own troupe of sheep too. I think some of her animals are gone now but there are still horses, chickens, and goats. She's a very dynamic woman taking care of the animals. I'm getting tired thinking about those dogs which need handled each day.

Blackduff
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

yes, all of 3 of us have a total of 24 dogs of our own , 20 of which are rescues. there are also the lucky few we get from the pound and keep ourselves until they find homes. we try to take just one or two in and rehome before taking anymore, they are taken in to the family and treated like the others until they find their own special home, no cages. Always looking for foster homes if anybody reading this thread is interested.
At the moment we have a german sheepdog(alsation) , female, 4 years old on the waiting list to come to us. owners are getting desperate so if anybody would be willing to take her ,even temporary, let me know.
Black duff, when your wife rings say it's on my behalf , and if answer machine leave a message and she will get back to you as soon as possible.
Lisa
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Lisa
My wife talked to Bernadette and it seems this is going to work. Bernadette said she will find a Lab for the woman~it sounds like the bounty hunter.

Anyway, my wife passed the telephone for Bernadette and they're going to work together to find the "Right" dog. I think that Bernadette can talk out the puppy business (she's certainly in her late sixties) and maybe even a older Lab would be best for the woman.

Francine (my wife) passed the information from Bernadette and the woman is super happy that there will be a dog locally. I don't think she wants to spend too much money, like a breeder dog. She's also very happy that Bernadette said she'll certainly find a dog for her.

I'll keep you in contact and get the further results.

Blackduff
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

yes I spoke to bernadette and she told me about her age. I'm sure she'll find the right dog for her. She has spoken to your friend and I think that they have agreed that it would be better for her to take on a dog a little bit older. Bernadette is very good at finding the right dog for the right person and always keeps in touch to check everything is going ok, she also trys to explain to older people why it is not a good idea to take on a puppy (trust me there are loads of abandoned dogs whose owners have died and siblings do not want them, I personally have 3 that were very traumatised after going through the pound and finding themselves at the spa). some people take offense and look elsewhere others realise that she is right and end up with a lovely older dog . Older dogs are so grateful and pay back with a lot of love. fingers crossed your friend will realise this and agree to take one on, pity that she isn't interested in the blind spaniel as apparently he is very affectionate.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Tia
I have a friend who has a blind dog. He's taking care of this pooch and yet he's accepting another puppy this week. The blind dog tends to manage - the owner mumbles when there's a step and the pooch starts to pedal with his feet, getting ready for a step.

The owner changed his home during the last six months. The blind dog was bewildered for some time but he's getting more adventurous now.

Another woman found a lost dog in the street. She had the dog to the vet and brought the dog back to health, although the dog was becoming blind. My friend took care of the dog for several years, after the dog became 100% blind. The dog came to our house often and didn't be bothered by my big labs. Maybe I'll see if this woman would take on the blind dog you have. I asked my wife and said this woman will not take another dog yet. She has to return to Quebec each summer, until her mother dies. This woman right now has two cats: One is three legged, and the other is only one eyed.

It's funny since we have a one eyed cat with a short tail.

Having animals are good when you get older too.

Blackduff
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

I agree that older people like to have a dog, my nan a a yorkie and when she couldn't cope with it I use to keep it at nights and take it to her every morning so she could have the company during the day. The dog use to sit at my front door every morning when my husband took the kids to school and sat at my nans front door every evening waiting for me at 5pm when I picked her up after work. Unfortunately a lot of older people do not have children or grandchildren willing to do this ( I did it for 4 years every day) and often the dog just ' dissappears' one day and is forgotten about! This why bernadette would not recommend placing a puppy that could live for 15 years with a person over a certain age. There are lots of lovely 4 or 5 year old or older dogs just desperate for a home. A lot have done nothing wrong apart from the fact their owners have got bored of them, and they are no longer the sweet little puppy.
MountainGal
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MountainGal »

blackduff wrote:Tia
My wife called to the woman and here's a few more details.

> She will accept a x-cross Lab, if it looks mostly like a Lab

>She accepts a puppy or a dog which is up to one year old. Actually, a dog up to one years old is kinda good.

> She wants a female and it must be black.

It sounds of restrictions but she's a good home for the dog. I've known her for twenty years and she's good for the dog.

She doesn't speak English, as far as I know. I'm not certain but I think you speak French and/or are French.

we have a lovely black lab cross that has been rescued, but think she's 2 or three. Do you think she'd consider her?

I'll keep looking for other choices too.

Blackduff
MountainGal
Jack of all trades
AND master of them ;-)