All things Horse...

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

All things Horse...

Post by Sus »

I was looking for anybody to share their experiences in using local services for the below and if they would recommend them?

- Hay for horses
- Installing fencing
- Tack shops

I would also be interested to hear from anybody who bought a horse from Can Tillet in Bastide or any other horse farm either in the Pyrenees Orientales or in Mid Pyrenees, particularly interested in Arabian or x Arabian endurance horses.

Thanks!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

by email

Can't log in to ad but can answer questions. For good hay do not buy in this area' need to go Aude or Ariege , foin de crau is excellent in Salon de Provence. Can send you names , numbers if wanted. Price wise count minimum 35 euros a big ball of hay and foin de crau is sold by the tonne. Buying horses, have a friend who sell excellent spanish horses if interested . Tack shops there is one route de thuir in Perpignan near Netto and the othe is Buckaroo ( recommend this one ) that is on the outskirts of St Esteve near airport.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

And another......

There is also a tack shop by the decathlon/McDonalds nr Auchan. And then on the opposite side of the road there is a horsey decathlon (by toys r us).
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

Kate, thanks that is great info, the tack shop Buckaroo looks fab. I will pm you for the details on hay/foin du crau, was hoping to get it closer but everyone is advising against it. We have just stepped back from a house we were looking to buy, so back on the market searching and my hubby made me promise not to buy horses (or peacocks for that matter!) until we have a house, still, doesn't harm to get ready!
Would also be interested in your friends raising PRE, only ridden one recently and was amazed at how agile they are in the mountains despite their size, after mainly riding quarter or arabians, it felt like a tank!
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

I have sent you a pm