Dog Trainer

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Dog Trainer

Post by Sue234 »

Hello,

I have acquired a beautiful male labrador, four years old, who is in need of basic training. I’m trying my best but he’s very strong (and I’m fairly slight!) and we’re not getting very far. On a walk this morning with my dog I met a lovely English couple from Maureillas who told me about a dog trainer in Maureillas called Trevor who apparently lives on Chemin du Mas Fourcade, Maureillas, and he may be someone me and my dog would like to meet!

So far I’ve phoned Maision Pour Tous in Maureillas in search of further info but have drawn a blank, although the very nice lady I spoke to agreed to phone me back if she comes across anything. Does anyone on here know of Trevor, and if so, whether he still trains dogs? I had a go at the first session of beginners adult dog training in Laroque but it was a bit of a nightmare as I wasn’t allowed to use a harness or Gentle Leader headcollar and my hands still haven’t recovered!! A touch of arthritis makes it agony when he pulls, and oh boy, does he pull when he’s near other dogs. He’s very gentle; just a typical Lab and wants to play.
Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Dog Trainer

Post by Sue234 »

Hello, Just to say Maison Pour Tous came up trumps and found Trevor’s phone number for me.

Sue
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

From Facebook
You must mean Trevor Howson! Will try to find contact details.
But hopefully it’s sorted now. Bonne chance.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

And a further post.....

Sorry, Trevor is away until March/April next year. Look up Club Canin Laroque, there's a very friendly group there who do dog obedience training and agility classes.

Back to where you started. :lol:
Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sue234 »

Thanks for your help Kate. Do you know how I can say thank you to people who offer assistance on the Facebook site also?

Sue
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

You could join the Facebook group P-O Life (Mediterranean Pyrenees) athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/781185495231402/...but please stick around the forum too. We need all the support we can get as everyone heads over to Facebook!! :(
Good luck with the lovely lab: :lol: