Orange service scandalous

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
rainbow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Orange service scandalous

Post by rainbow »

My wife took out a package with Orange (Tv Internet Mobile &Phone) June 2015 She had taken out direct debit which they since denied She went to the Uk November,arrived back France March 17th ,post box full letters several from Orange that we owed them money and telling us our contract was cancelled and send back all their equipment. Also letter from a debt collectors if you don't pay by the 7th March,they will take us to court. We then received a letter from the bailiffs demanding 600 euros.
PS I read some of the reviews these posts get just for the record my wife was in hospital in France from September till November when she returned home to the Uk. Orange had her email address which they never once sent a messages.
Best Wishes
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I have every (or almost every) sympathy, but it is hard to conclude that Orange are universally bad from one account that we only have your side of.

But there is one lesson at least for the future. If Orange, or any other French firm, want to chase you for money, or give you any legally significant information personal to you, they will do so by letter, even if they have a hundred email addresses for you. I imagine there are French legal reasons for this, though it is pretty much the same in the UK, or was, as I recall. If you are not present at the address you gave them as your billing adress for extended periods , nor get your mail collected or forwarded, you risk grief if there is a hitch through whoever's fault.

I had a France Telecom account for a line at an address in France billed to a UK address for many years without problems. But of course you can run into the same issues in reverse as you start to spend more time here than there.

If you're a Boy Scout, you would know whether the direct debits you have given are actually being collected. It is easy enough online if you're that sort of person.But it's a counsel of perfection I would never live up to.
rainbow
Rank 3
Rank 3

In conclusion

Post by rainbow »

Martin
Yes you only have my account however Orange prior to my wife setting up a direct debit account with Orange would receive a text message asking for payment so your comment about them sending letters is only your opinion!. For the record my wife was in the Girl Guides .
Best Wishes
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: In conclusion

Post by martyn94 »

Our
rainbow wrote:Martin
Yes you only have my account however Orange prior to my wife setting up a direct debit account with Orange would receive a text message asking for payment so your comment about them sending letters is only your opinion!. For the record my wife was in the Girl Guides .
I don't carry a torch for Orange. I can imagine that they might send you a routine text message reminding you that it's time to pay. But once they think you are significantly in arrears, send us our kit back, and all the rest, I think that it tends to be letters. If they did actually take the money by prelevement, and are still dunning you, it's obviously scandalous and good luck.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

I speak as I find.

I'm an Orange customer. I recently upgraded my package. Did it all on the phone. Went through without a hitch. Quick too!

Late last year I helped a friend who wanted a fixed line installed. His house had an unused phone line dating back to the late 90's. Orange charged him 60 euros connection fee. For that an engineer spent all morning replacing his connection which had been severely damaged. The work was all done on time, as promised and we were kept informed every step of the way. Two hours after the engineer left the whole lot was working 100%.

Gus Morris
rainbow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Orange Fib

Post by rainbow »

Lucky Gus
My Wife and I went to the Orange shop in Perpignan on Friday 18th March we got a very helpful English speaking assistant.
He assisted with our payments to the bailiff we then took out a new contract although this required a new live box and receiver and we're required to sent the old ones back we were also told that when we wired the system up we would have access to internet T V and telephone which by the way never worked phone English help on our Uk mobile but they we're busy phone again Saturday (Don't work Saturday).
Tried on a number of occasions to re wire system following the book of instructions but no luck.
Then on Sunday my wife received three emails from Orange telling us that our lnternet phone and t v will commence on the 29th March.
Perhaps we should have been advised when we purchase would have save trying to reconnect cables and making calls to Orange
Best Wishes