mini washing machine

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

mini washing machine

Post by opas »

Has anyone experience of using a mini washing machine, the type used by campers or in small apartments.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

How long is a piece of string? My sister had something like this (if I understand you) about 30 years ago in a tiny studio where she didn't expect to stay long, and had no room for a proper machine in any event. In those circs, it was better than washing her knickers in the sink. In more favourable circs, I would go for a full-size one from leboncoin if need be.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Thanks for that....there are also mini ones on there and often at vide grinders.

There is room for a normal machine, but I thought to fill ghetto space with a small freezer and a mini washing machine.....
So back to to question, has anyone , anyone used one and comments please?
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

opas wrote:Thanks for that....there are also mini ones on there and often at vide grinders.

There is room for a normal machine, but I thought to fill ghetto space with a small freezer and a mini washing machine.....
So back to to question, has anyone , anyone used one and comments please?
I thought I had answered you on that (implicitly). Yes, I have used one. They work but not very well nor conveniently. How you balance that against the advantages of a freezer only you can judge.

Incidentally, I like the idea of "vide grinders" - they grind slowly, but very fine. Except that presumably the exposants just throw most of the stuff away in the end, like anyone else does with surplus tat.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Lol auto correct always makes me smile. As do your to the point replies..
Debeneur.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Banter apart, I may just be at cross purposes. The machine I knew was compact when stored, but had to be used on a worktop, because they loaded from the top. Maybe they're more convenient now. Can you point us to an example of what you're thinking of?
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

I have used a min washing machine, it is a few years back and the results were not good, washing in the sink was definitely better! Might have improved by now though.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

i saw a 1/2 sized standard waching machine the other day... didn't realise they existed!!!
maybe this will help.....http://washersearch.co.uk/compact-washing-machines.html
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

montgolfiere wrote:i saw a 1/2 sized standard waching machine the other day... didn't realise they existed!!!
maybe this will help.....http://washersearch.co.uk/compact-washing-machines.html
What a lousy website. No links to the individual models discussed, and I couldn't be bothered to go further, but they mostly seemed to be narrower than standard, or less deep from front to back, which don't seem to be the issues here. I did try to research the one they recommend, without much success, but it looks like something out of a cracker (pretty much like the one I mentioned above which was not much good 30 years ago).