Census

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Census

Post by rogb »

Does anyone know if holiday home owners who are not tax resident in France have to fill in the French census form?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Could you try reading the form? Whenever I’ve seen census data for anywhere in France, they distinguish between permanent residents and residents secondaires, so I guess you’d get the chance to say which. And why would you want not to? It would be a small act of “civismeâ€￾. They claim that the data they collect is entirely confidential as respects other agencies, but then of course they would say that wouldn’t they?

It is pretty obvious that info about non-permanent residents is very valuable, especially down here, unless you take your rubbish and sewage home with you, and never get ill.
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

In 12 years of (holiday) home owning in France I've never received a form. Should I be miffed or relieved?

Mind you my village is so deserted that it's twinned with the Marie Celeste so perhaps the authorities think there's no-one here at all.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Webdoc wrote:In 12 years of (holiday) home owning in France I've never received a form. Should I be miffed or relieved?

Mind you my village is so deserted that it's twinned with the Marie Celeste so perhaps the authorities think there's no-one here at all.
Depending on where you are, they do a sample survey fairly regularly (which may not yet have hit you) and a full census much more rarely.