Carte de Sejour...to apply or not ?

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Carte de Sejour...to apply or not ?

Post by Nigel »

I am looking into the whole matter of a Carte de Sejour to and life here post-Brexit.

It seems that if you have been a permanent resident in France for over 5 years you are entitled to a Carte de Sejour, (subject some qualifications which won't apply to most who are here as retirees).

I cannot find a National List of required evidence one needs to produce.

Does anyone have know what is required by the Prefecture in Perpignan/ Ceret ? Is there an application form to fill out ?. There does not appear to one on-line.

Any info on experiences ecounted in making their application would be appreciated.

I will then be able to make a decision whether to apply or not once I have hopefully some replies.
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

The British embassy -is advising getting a CdS. I found the application form on www.pyrenees-orientales.gouv.fr/.../Titre-de-sejour2/3 . When we did our original ones we had to supply our birth and marriage certificates (translated), passports, proof of income, carte vitale, EDF bill (proof of residence) But check, things may have changed in 20 years.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Thanks Florence...was your Avis d' Impot enough to confirm your income ?

Were you able to make an appointment at the Prefecture ?
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

I've only got as far as printing out the forms. But I think you need proof of income, fiche de paie, UK pension, tax form and some sort of proof of time resident here. Better to take too much than too little as it will be rejected.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Will send PM to Nigel and Florence

Gus
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Thank you Gus
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

If you are British, you apply for a CDS as an EU citizen, which doesn’t require 5 years residency or a minimum income level.

On Facebook there is a group called RIFT which provides loads of advice on this issue.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

I have applied for and got an Irish passport, so I presume my being British will be of little importance post-Brexit. But will my current S1 then be valid ?
an' the wun' cried Mary.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »