Suspending Orange Internet during Covid 19 lockdown

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
gleber
Rank 2
Rank 2

Suspending Orange Internet during Covid 19 lockdown

Post by gleber »

I had an online chat with Orange requesting a suspension of my Orange Internet, stating that as it will be some considerable time before we can visit our place in St. Cyprien, (we are in Scotland), we would wish to suspend the Internet for say 9 months (costs 36.99 euro per month). The answer was No!

Anyone else managed to do this.

Thanks
Gleber
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Suspending Orange Internet during Covid 19 lockdown

Post by opas »

I thought orange did that service, paying a minimal charge per month. It would be interesting to have replies to this thread as I have clients who are requesting cancelation of their internet knowing they won't be visiting for some considerable time, and re signing for a service with an operator when the time is right.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
gleber
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by gleber »

I had thought of cancelling completely but as it had taken a year to set it up originally I did not want to go down that road again. Orange kept insisting that there was no internet in St. Cyprien (the person I was dealing with was in an office in Paris) and that I would need to contact the Mayor asking him to dig up the street for the cables to be installed. This was despite the fact that two neighbours in the apartments below me did in fact have internet installed. Eventually when they did get as far as connecting us they connected to the wrong apartment😝. At that time there was an A La Carte service available where you could switch in and out but that disappeared.

Gleber
Ted & Jemima
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ted & Jemima »

Hello

Sorry we cannot advise with your problem. A bit tangential but we researched a VDSL line in Carcassonne in Feb 2020 and found the monthly charges in Euros then were:

SOSH: 14.99 for 12 months, then 19.99: no contract
OVH: 20.99: 12-month contract
LaPoste: 19.99 for 12 months, then 34.99: 12-month contract
Orange: 22.99 for 12 months, then 36.99: 12-month contract
SFR: 15 for 12 months, then 33: 12-month contract
Free: 14.99 for 12 months, then 34.99: 12-month contract
Bouyges: 14.99 for 12 months, then 24.99: 12-month contract
RED: 16: no contract + 1 month free.

Of course, these offers change every 5 minutes and each location has a differing number of operators (look online for local eligibility). But we thought we'd share our research from a rainy day we spent online. Maybe useful to somebody?

Yours,
Ted & Jemima
http://findinglanguedoc.com