New to Ceret

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

John58
Rank 1
Rank 1

New to Ceret

Post by John58 »

Hello,

My wife and I have recently bought a house in Ceret. At present, it is not our main home, but we plan to move properly in a couple of years. We would like to meet people, via email and in person when we visit. We are in the mid-50's- early 60's age bracket, enjoy outdoor living, walking our 2 springer spaniels and generally exploring the area.

We speak basic French.

We'd love to hear from like-minded residents and second home owners.

John
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Hi John
Welcome to the PO region and Ceret. You'll meet a lot of people within your age range, which are happy to meet you too.

Take a look for the PO Life booklet, or if you cannot find a copy, check out the information shown on this forum. You'll find a lot of things to meet and to do around this area. This is one of the best way to network with the people here.

ALFMED is the Académie De Langues which is located in Ceret and you can improve your french when you're full time here. You could also learn some Spanish too, which is good living so close to Spain.

Every year there's a Fayre for Christmas and it's located near Ceret. Lots of English foods and products but there's a lot more than what comes from the UK. Home made cakes, candies, mince pies, local wines (very nice wines too), lots of things for the kids to do, and each year it changes a bit. It's worth having a look and you're going to meet a bag full of new neighbors ~ all within your age too.

This forum will be a fountain of information and since you're new, this will be very important. Take a look at the posts daily and you're going to gain a lot of information which will be useful when you're living here.

Happy to be here.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Big warm welcome John. Lots of great times ahead, superb region and perfect age to enjoy it! Bienvenu!
Admin2

Post by Admin2 »

Welcome to the region and our forum John.
We hope you find it a valuable resource of information.

Best Regards.
The Admin team.
tonyandbev
Rank 0
Rank 0

U3A

Post by tonyandbev »

Hi John

We moved here a year ago permanently and haven't looked back. We would recommend looking at the U3A website for the PO area where you'll find various activities you can join in with and is a good way of meeting like minded people. We run the golf for the U3A group, all levels and standards, if you're interested in joining this get in touch. We have quite a few people in the group who just play when they're over as well as people who live here all year round. Hope this helps.

Tony and Bev
GreenHermit
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GreenHermit »

Hi John,
Welcome to the area! I would recommend the AVF, it is a association approved by the French Government since 1963, they have all types of activities, for French and non French residents.
Here is the link for the English info page:

http://www.avf.asso.fr/Website/site/eng ... arewe1.php

I have been a member for quite a few years, they organise everything that a Foreigner in France needs. They are fully registered with the Préfet and have all the necessary assurance cover, They hold courses at a lot of the local Town Halls. Maybe there is one near you ?.

Best wishes for you within the department.
zeeshan

Re:Introduction

Post by zeeshan »

Hi
welcome to everyone
I'm newly in this forum.