bookings 2013

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

bookings 2013

Post by opas »

How are forum member gite owners bookings for this year?

I look after 2 properties , one an appt in Perpignan the other a Mas with all mod cons and luxury pool. I have had emails over the last couple of days from the owners updating bookings, the appt is booked from end of june till fist week of september except for 2 separate weeks. The mas is booked solid from end of June till first week of september.

Perhaps the weather in uk has influenced this.

None of these bookings is a Saturday changeover!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

I'm already pretty much booked for July and August with only 2 weeks left in each.

Have some Belgian clients for the first time this summer and had some Spanish from Gerona over New Year, it is always good to diversify!

My in season changeovers are always on a Sunday due to other commitments of the caretakers.

Having spent July and August in the UK and having been back in England since the middle of December I am amazed anyone can stand living here. I know how lucky I am to have a choice, but believe me, Bullet and I can't wait to get back to the PO and walks in the dry, permanently in March!

The other thing that has appalled me in Sussex (as a judge once said when summing up in a case 'even in Crawley!') is the amount of rubbish thrown out of cars, it is like walking through the tip trying to get to the pub, seemingly people no longer respect the countryside. Tant pis.

Roll on the return to Reynes!