inondations

Info and interesting facts on weather issues

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

inondations

Post by sue and paul »

As I read about floods in Rivesaltes, Torreilles, Salanque, Leucate etc, I can't help wondering if any of the forum members have been affected. Hope all is well up there
Rivesaltes Johnny
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rivesaltes Johnny »

I have been amazed to see the pictures of the river and flooding in our village...speaking to some friends last night we are lucky being in the centre of the old town so not affected.

We live by a river here in the UK that floods every year so know only too well the dangers and devastation that such disasters can cause.

I guess this now means we are in for a long hot Summer?
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

floods

Post by CarolineN »

Thanks - in Torreilles Plage we had the environment people knock on the door and tell us to evacuate or go upstairs. So upstairs we went after putting as much stuff up high as we could. Luckily the water only came into the gardens Very impressed with the local services for the warnings and the clearing up - today you would not know we had floods at all
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I was thinking particularly about you when I posted, Caroline. Relieved all is well. The garden, garage and basement of our former home used to flood from time to time, and we know how devastating it can be, clearing up, and trying to get something out of the insurance company
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

flooding

Post by CarolineN »

thanks Sue
It was interesting sleeping with 3 dogs and a cat - and a husband who kept leaping up and checking outside every half hour !
C
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

There were 18 dogs were died with the flooding. It was shown in the Indep too from today's issue. This was at Pia.

http://www.lindependant.fr/pyrenees-ori ... perpignan/

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.