Historic Battle ground Walk

Gardening/Walking/Nature trails & wildlife. Share your experiences here...

Moderator: Moderators

tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Historic Battle ground Walk

Post by tubs »

We did Kate and Oliver's suggested (in PO Life no. 39) walk earlier this week from near Le Boulou. What a wonderful walk it was. Not far to drive, easy parking and well signed. Fantastic 360 degree views. Informative plaques telling of the battles between the French and the Spanish.
There was a delightful chapel for a picnic lunch where we met a nice Dutch couple doing the same walk and showed them our copy PO Life. They suggested that there could be a spin off containing just walks.
A good idea Kate?
Anyway this was a real find and would recommend it. The last section is a bit rugged and up, but nothing too tricky.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

So glad you enjoyed it - and that I didn't get you lost! What I love most about this walk is not having to drive miles along little windy roads, so that I"m too tired to actually walk by the time I get there! Love too the feeling of standing in the middle of a chunk of the region's history. Apparently they are still finding old cannon balls quite regularly.
A book of walks is a great idea. Volunteers?
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I think that would be a good idea. We bought the Emelie one but it's not that good. The special Balades edition from l'Independant is good but would be better in book form.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29