Indoor public swimming pool

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

Phipplebert

Indoor public swimming pool

Post by Phipplebert »

Are there any indoor public swimming pools which are open all year round?

Thanks
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Espace aquatic ,moulin au vent Perpignan,
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I think that Canet has one too.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Argeles has one.
Dylan
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Agrees has one? Do you have a name or any info on it?

Thanks for the info everyone, how on earth I haven't found or heard of these I don't know but I would like to keep up my sons swimming a bit through the winter, now that we are making progress :)
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

The Argeles pool is beside the rugby ground. The schools (rightly) have priority over the public so the hours are a bit hit and miss. The pool at perpignan is very nice and the hours are better for me personally. The details are

http://www.espace-aquatique.com/
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

If you live in the commune of Argeles then take a passport photo to the Mairie and you can obtain a free pass for the out of season months.
Dylan
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Brilliant thank you, that gives us somewhere to aim for in the winter.
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

They public pool at Argeles is by the rugby field at Gaston Pams. (I wasn't sure it was indoors though) Also has a decent sports centre. However, last time I was there, about a month ago, there was a lot of building work going on in the complex so not sure if the pool is available at the moment.
Susie
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Saint Cyprien also has a good indoor pool open year round. Main pool plus a learning pool for kids.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I spoke with a friend, who lives near to the Argeles pool, and he said that it has a sign saying it's 16 months worth of work to refurbish the swimming pool. He said it's about a year's worth of work left, so don't plan on swimming this winter.

He said that the new pool will not be olympic size ~ probably more for the local kids, etc..

Drive by and have a look or ask the people at the Mairie.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Good to know, I will head to at cyprien or perpignan :)
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Do they have instructors at St Cyp and Perpignan? We have a pool, although we've now bought a house to downsize without a pool (thank goodness)! Our 3 year old grandson would never go into the pool, he didn't like the sea and last year we resorted to the lake at Villeneuve de la Raho where he would go into the water. This year however, he wouldn't go into the lake either. It worries me as I feel that children should feel confident in water and swim a.s.a.p. He hasn't had any frightening experiences in water and loves to play in the bath so I wish I could find a solution?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Here's a good website for lots of info on swimming pools
http://www.guide-piscine.fr/baignade/
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Oh thanks, I have book marked that.

Re the 3 year old who isn't a way fan, have you tried toys? Goggles? Those floating noodles? A floating boat with some water in the bottom? A pool with steps so that he can sit on the first step to start and get his confidence? :)
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Perhaps its the large expanse of water that the 3 year old doesnt like. Why not buy him a paddling pool and start him off in that. We used to take our son and daughter to a local pool in UK when they were small (now 39 and 37) and my daughter would scream like a raving banshee the minute her feet touched the water. She eventually grew out of it but we didnt half get some strange stares.
Dylan
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

st cyprien has instructors but think you have to book now for this year.
They also do an activity on sunday morning called aqua baby( I think it's still called that). It's for children from 3 months to 6 years, took my daughter a lot and she loved it. For the older ones it's from 8 years but not sure what day.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Vernet les Bains has pools open all year round.

http://www.guide-piscine.fr/pyrenees-or ... ains-546_P

Nice ones.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands