UK car registered in France

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Maysy

UK car registered in France

Post by Maysy »

I have a British car here in France which is registered in France. I want to drive it back to the UK , can I do that
:?:
Satbloke66
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: UK car registered in France

Post by Satbloke66 »

May wrote:I have a British car here in France which is registered in France. I want to drive it back to the UK , can I do that
:?:
Of course, no problem....
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

If you mean drive it back permanently then there are all sorts of hoops you need to jump through. This proved an expensive nightmare for us a couple of years ago.
If it's just for a holiday then all you need do is check with your insurers in France first.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

My car insurance covers me throughout Europe - I have been in my French reg. car to Spain, England, Switzerland, Italy and Germany. It never occurred to me to tell my insurers. When I had a problem in England, I rang the Paris number and they arranged for a nearby garage to come out and fix it.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Gan cover me for Europe as well so when we cross over to Spain for a few days or drive back to England, there's no problem.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I am with Gan too.