Villa Mas Saint Pol Beach St Feliu de Guixols Costa Brava

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Villa Mas Saint Pol Beach St Feliu de Guixols Costa Brava

Post by thumbelina »

Went here for lunch yesterday with Mr T and the parents.

Beautiful restaurant on the beachfront at S'Agaro (between Platja d'Aro and St Feliu de Guixols.)

Started off with two glasses of cava (5€ a glass) and a Ricard for the apero and then Mum and Mr T chose from the menu at 22 euros, Dad and I chose from the a la carte.

Mum had goats cheese and apple in filo pastry parcels with a green salad to start, Mr T chose the tripe. Dad and I went for a trio of cold soups - courgette cream, tomato and melon.

For the main courses, Mum and Mr T went for squid and meatballs in a sauce, Dad actually had a starter as his main - he chose the cannelloni with four cheese sauce - I went for the cold very rare roast beef with young salad leaves.

Desserts were, for me and Mum, chilled carrot soup with diced mango and a mandarin sorbet, Dad chose the creme catalane with red fruits and a cinnamon icecream and Mr T went for their equivalent of miel y mato.

Two bottles of a very acceptable Albarino white (16€ a bottle), a shot of 30 year old Pedro Jimenez (9€50 a glass) and four coffees came to the grand total of 213€84.

Outstanding food - beautiful presentation. Lovely restaurant, super staff - our waiters / waitresses were Catalan, Argentinian, French and French /American - all charming, very helpful and spoke good English and French.

Their wine list was one of the best I've seen for years - probably over 25 pages long and had wines from 13€ - 2200€ (!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ) a bottle.

Highly recommended - great resto in one of the lovelier parts of the Costa Brava. (A reward afterwards is to walk along the Ronda towards Platja d'Aro - just lovely) :D :D :D :D

Here's a photo of my starter :Image

and here's the beach - with the ronda - in front of which the restaurant is situated:

Last edited by thumbelina on Tue 07 Jul 2009 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I know that beach Thumbers,but not that particular restaurant. Have tried several round there,mainly in S Feliu itself,and there are some crackers.

Pity that it's just that little bit too far to go regularly.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

It is, John, great for a Sunday out though at about an hour and a half away.

I've never eaten badly in any of the restaurants on that particular beach, I have to say.

(for what it's worth the weather was the same there as here - and has been all week :? :wink: )
kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kathyw »

My mouth was watering reading that !!!!!