Problem with XBMC Filmon Addons

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Problem with XBMC Filmon Addons

Post by montgolfiere »

it appears that none of the XBMC Filmon addons (Filmon/FTV/notFilmon) are working since yesterday evening.
Anyone watching on an Android Box will need to switch to watching the 'Google app version 'FilmonLive' which is running OK. I will post as i get more information on this issue.
gra
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gra »

Try Mash up and Navi X addons,

they are not an addons built in to XBMC by default...but there are lots of vids on Youtube, explaining how to set them up, its a 5 minute job
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

both of the filmon addons and the notFilmon addon working this morning. I expect FTV to follow.
rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rogb »

Is FTV working again?
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Yes.
JRH66300
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JRH66300 »

Yes, FTV working, but instead of getting an occassional picture freeze and buffering, the screen reverts back to to the channel menu screen and have to reselect the viewing channel. Very annoying. Also found that the iPad Filmon app only works occassionally and have to view Filmon going through Safari. Filmon has changed but not for the better at the moment.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I have had a new update for FTV. so will check it out over the next 24 hours. Maybe try the notFilmon 'addon' instead. (Personally i have always preferred notfilmon to FTV anyway)
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

JRH66300 wrote:Yes, FTV working, but instead of getting an occassional picture freeze and buffering, the screen reverts back to to the channel menu screen and have to reselect the viewing channel. Very annoying. Also found that the iPad Filmon app only works occassionally and have to view Filmon going through Safari. Filmon has changed but not for the better at the moment.
There does now appear to be a problem with the XBMC 'FTV' and 'notFilmon' addons. they are cutting out..... i am looking into the issue and will post as and when i find out any solutions...
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I have 4 different addons on XBMC for accessing the 'Filmon Live TV' streams.
all are cutting out in both SD and HD. as i posted above. I have not information of 'Fixes' yet so I have reverted to using the Google App 'Filmon Live' from the apps menu.
However do be aware that it is easier to navigate this app with at least a usb Mouse (or better still an airmouse).
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

i am making progress with FTV. it appears that whereas before you did not need to register on Filmon and enter your login details on FTV,
you now need to do so.
Unfortunately unless you 'Subscribe' you will need to set the resolution to 'Low', as it still cuts out if set to 'high'.
i will be looking at the other addons as i have time.
Maximus
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Maximus »

Filmon seems to be pretty poor on both my Android and my XBMC box since the last update - lots of buffering on Android and periods of not working on FTV for XBMC (openelec)

(I pay the subscription and am logged in on both)

I hope they sort it out soon
JRH66300
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JRH66300 »

Entered Log-in details, set to Low and all working well. Picture quality slightly inferior and had one buffering event in a 30 minute viewing session. Seems to have solved the problem. Thanks
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

Phew!!

We had a quick shuftie at this thread this morning and neither of us can make sense of any of it! What a palaver just to watch a bit of tele. If we had to jump through so many hoops just to watch Eastenders I think we'd lose the will to live.

Mary
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Merisin wrote:Phew!!

We had a quick shuftie at this thread this morning and neither of us can make sense of any of it! What a palaver just to watch a bit of tele. If we had to jump through so many hoops just to watch Eastenders I think we'd lose the will to live.

Mary
What a strange comment! This is a Hi-tech forum, lots of people enjoy technology and lots of people want to watch UK TV

If the content is beyond you or of no interest then why bother to read it, let alone comment?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:
Merisin wrote:Phew!!

Mary
What a strange comment! This is a Hi-tech forum, lots of people enjoy technology and lots of people want to watch UK TV

If the content is beyond you or of no interest then why bother to read it, let alone comment?
It's a forum about techy subjects, but it's also much visited by non-techy people seeking advice on how to satisfy their (possibly limited) appetite for UK TV in a straightforward way. It's not a criticism of this thread, but I think commenters here (and I'd include myself) sometimes forget that many/most people with an appetite for TV have little or no appetite or aptitude for hands-on fiddling with tech equipment.

If a box running xbmc were the only way of doing it, I don't think I'd bother myself. Or rather I would, for the satisfaction of knowing I could get it going, and then lose patience as soon as it ran into the sort of issues described in this thread.
Maximus
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Maximus »

I have to sort of agree with Merisin - it is frustrating to deal with unreliable services and buggy technology, I miss the easy satellite TV, simple EPG, one touch recording etc - however all this internet telly is still developing and it is amazing what is out there

May I suggest staying clear of Eastenders anyway for an improved quality of life ?

Max
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

Maximus wrote:I have to sort of agree with Merisin - it is frustrating to deal with unreliable services and buggy technology, I miss the easy satellite TV, simple EPG, one touch recording etc - however all this internet telly is still developing and it is amazing what is out there

May I suggest staying clear of Eastenders anyway for an improved quality of life ?

Max
Eastenders !! do you mean the people or the TV show :roll:

Months ago i connected a VGA cable from an old laptop to the TV and we just watch the basic Filmon, it works fine with just a little bit of buffering sometimes.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

It appears that the problems with XBMC Addons: FTV, notfilmon etc., have been resolved and that they are now working as they did before the problems associated with the changes Filmon made last week.
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

For god,s sake, some people are only wanting advice on watching the telly.They don't need lectures, winters coming & some people need the tv in the long dark nights.
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

The problem is that everyone has been used to getting UK Freesat for free and now all this messing with XBMC etc is just trying to maintain that.

If you want reliable TV you have to pay for it.

I have no connection with UKExPatTV and I won't benefit from advertising them but I have been using them for a year now and they have been totally reliable, good quality, and have a range of packages which are, in the overall scheme of things not expensive.

If you offset the license fee that you'd pay in UK for UK TV then it is actually very cheap.