Freesat on Astra

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Freesat on Astra

Post by Nigel »

I had expected by now our Satellite reception from Astra on our Freesat box of Free to Air ( BBC1 BBC2 ITV C4 C5 etc) to have gone by now....watched Leaders debate on BBC1 last with perfect picture abd sound and now watching BBC1 Breakfast again with perfect pic and sound. We have a 120cms dish. Is tis recepiyon now common in our area
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

With regard to the previous two years (when the signal dropped in April - August), i have also been looking for signs that this may again be the case. So far so good and this may indeed point to a change in the footprint favouring this area.
In my own case i decided to stop installing Dishes a year ago and wait until the end of May 2015 before contemplating restarting. (i did not want to install 'too large and very expensive Dishes', if they were not necessary, along with all the problems they also attract..).
I think that if we get through May 2015 we will have a good chance that Dishes that work then will suffice for the future.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Spoke too soon...signal breaking up this afternoon....moved to Intelsat 907...perfect sound and picture
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

all ok here today although i think 2 f was a little weak yesterday evening but we had rain so i imagine without rain fade there wouldn't have been a problem. In the end if we can get away with 120 Dishes with the odd poor day......that would be a result...in my book. i am not a fan of the huge expensive dish option!!! I used my android IPTV box on the 2f channels which was in good form with no buffering, and then the 2e bbc were ok later
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

2f Signal back up after a few lower days.....i had to use the IPTV Box at times this week.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Watching BBC Breakfast on Astra this morning...excellent signal and sound