Possible to go to top of Canigou with a dog?

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Possible to go to top of Canigou with a dog?

Post by dsd »

At the end of the week, I'm supposed to be accompanying a group of twenty 16 yr olds on a 2 day trip up the Canigou, with my dog. My colleague, who is organising the trip, has just informed me that we're not going the classic 'easy' way from Cortalets but the other way, which finishes with a steep rocky sort of staircase, called the 'cheminée'.

Has anyone ever been this way with a dog? Apparently, humans need to use their hands to get up there, so is it possible for a dog?
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Did you do the Canigou ? What about the dog ? I was up there on Saturday morning & there were three dogs at the pic, but one was very scared going back down the chiminee & had to be carried with help from others.
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dsd »

What with the heat and my colleague not giving me much information, I have to confess that I backed out of the trip! Also, having looked at photos of the 'cheminée', I had visions of my dog bounding up there and showering the kids' heads with rockfall - not a good idea!

I'm thinking of doing it (without schoolchildren!) during the Toussaint Holiday, but think I'll go the Cortalets way