Lighter fuel

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Lighter fuel

Post by tubs »

Have been looking for some lighter fuel to refil my lighters for candles etc. no supermarkets seem to sell it. Any ideas please?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Have you tried a Tabac or Gifi?
Dylan
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tubs »

Thanks Sue. Tried Gifi, no luck but not the tabac. Makes sense as they sell cigarettes etc.

Always amazes me that you can't buy plasters, paracetamol and basic medicaments in French supermarkets too.
Been back in UK for 4 days where you can get anything from a needle to an anchor in the supermarket!!!! (Well it seems that way anyway!)
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Hubby uses it for the bbq lighter and reckons he bought it in Intermarche!
Dylan
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tubs »

I looked in Intermarché St Andre but couldn't find it. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place!
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

lighter fuel

Post by Smiley G »

last one we bought was from the Tabac at Argeles Plage "essence à briquet"
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Tubs, I think I am crrect in saying hubby is wrong! I think he picked it up in the supermarket Mercadona in Spain. Don't tell him though. :D
Dylan
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tubs »

Your secret's safe with me Sue! Will try the tabac in St Genis tomorrow.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

[quote="tubs"]

Always amazes me that you can't buy plasters, paracetamol and basic medicaments in French supermarkets too.

Of course you can get plasters in supermarkets...condoms too, essential oils and even cosmetic coloured contact lenses.(I bought violet ones!) Paracetamol being a medicine is rightly sold only in a pharmacy where the pharmacist can advise you on what strength to take depending on whether you're taking other medicaments.

HF
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

It does seem strange at first Helen because in UK you can buy paracetamol, cough medicine, antihistamines etc etc in the supermarket.
Dylan
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Different country - different rules.
H
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Robert Ferrieux wrote:
tubs wrote:
Paracetamol being a medicine is rightly sold only in a pharmacy where the pharmacist can advise you on what strength to take depending on whether you're taking other medicaments.

HF
But when did you last got offered any such advice?
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

aren't we all in a 'Common Market' aka Europe. You cant even buy anti-dandruff shampoo in a Supermarket only in a pharmacy!!! it must be a 'medicament?? a load of 'closed shop' nonsense along with much of the rest of the (failing) french economy!!! where is any real Competition??