Olympics on TV

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Olympics on TV

Post by russell »

Filmon are blocking BBC1 during the Olympics transmissions. So it looks as if a VPN or Smart DNS with iPlayer is the way to go.

Curiously, the Olympics on BBC4 is still available on Filmon.

Russell.
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Our VPN not seeming to work with I player. Can you give me an idiot's guide to what I should be doing please. Thanks in advance.
Susie
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

susie wrote:Our VPN not seeming to work with I player. Can you give me an idiot's guide to what I should be doing please. Thanks in advance.
Susie, all you should need to do is start your vpn and then start iPlayer. The method of doing it will be different for different device types.

Your VPN should make it look to the world like you are in the UK. You can check this by starting the VPN and then going to http://www.whereisip.net/

This will show you on a map where it thinks you are located, if it isn't in the UK then your VPN isn't working
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Why use complicated and unreliable systems to watch the Olympics? Try Frogvision. The all new full HD system that brings the games straight to your TV via a simple aerial. Try it today, you'll be amazed.

Gus
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Gus,
I suspect many British ex-pats prefer to follow the British athletes rather than the French.

By the way, BBC4s Olympic coverage has now been blocked on Filmon.

For a VPN I use iPortal and it is working fine with iPlayer.

Russell
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

russell wrote:Gus,
I suspect many British ex-pats prefer to follow the British athletes rather than the French.

Russell
I guess my initial response was motivated by the fact that the Olympics do nothing for me. The doping scandals in sport have put me right off.

Gus
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Which channel on provision please?
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Thanks for advice. We are watching it on French TV, but there is only so much interest I have in French fencers - been trying to follow the GB table tennis players. Also following on FrenchTVSports which is excellent - although not 'as live'. We're getting there. Thanks for the help.
Susie