Filmon TV

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

rainbow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Filmon TV

Post by rainbow »

I have been using Filmon to access UK tv channels unfortunately i can only can get BBC one whenever I log on,click,free then UK,then straight it goes on to BBC one can anyone advise.
Best Wishes
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I watch Filmon (in HD with no subscription) via Addons on an android device running Kodi. all working correctly here. how are you accessing your Filmon? have you Rebooted everything (including your Router) and cancelled any logs History etc...
Last edited by montgolfiere on Wed 15 Jun 2016 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

French ads on Filmon

Post by dsd »

I sometimes watch programmes on Filmon and apart from the adverts that came up when you changed channel, have been very happy with it.

Last Friday I wanted to watch Eurotrash and every 5 minutes a lengthy French ad came on, completely ruining the programme. Tried again for Mock the Week tonight and it was the same. Is this their new policy to try and get people to subscribe?

Has everyone else had the same problem?
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Filmon

Post by Daphne »

We've had the same problem, having the programmes interrupted by French ads! This has been happening for about a month now. Somedays it's so bad that we only see seconds of the programme before the ads appear and we just have switch to off or watch French tv. Thankfully during the summer months less tv is watched anyway but if it continues into next winter it will be dire!
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: French ads on Filmon

Post by Allan »

dsd wrote:I sometimes watch programmes on Filmon and apart from the adverts that came up when you changed channel, have been very happy with it.

Last Friday I wanted to watch Eurotrash and every 5 minutes a lengthy French ad came on, completely ruining the programme. Tried again for Mock the Week tonight and it was the same. Is this their new policy to try and get people to subscribe?

Has everyone else had the same problem?
It isn't a new policy, they are a commercial organisation that makes money from subscriptions and adverts
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

filmon can be watched via android boxes using xbmc or kodi addons without these adverts also in HD....
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: French ads on Filmon

Post by dsd »

[quote="Allan
It isn't a new policy, they are a commercial organisation that makes money from subscriptions and adverts[/quote]

Duh, obviously. I raised the question because there is a very sharp increase in the number of ads shown, as compared to a short while ago. When I said 'get people to subscribe', I meant 'make the free experience so unbearable that you don't want to use it anymore'!

I wouldn't mind if they put them between the programmes. The problem is they cut into what you're watching so you miss one or several minutes of dialogue

This being said, I watched BBC1 on Thursday night and only got ads at the beginning. However the screen was in slight slo-mo and you couldn't change channels
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

I have bought a Smart TV and am trying to get my head round accessing programmes via the Internet. I took out a Filmon subscription a while ago, before I got the TV. I wonder if anyone can advise on how, if at all, I can install the Filmon app on my TV?

Thanks for any help.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

SteveB wrote:I have bought a Smart TV and am trying to get my head round accessing programmes via the Internet. I took out a Filmon subscription a while ago, before I got the TV. I wonder if anyone can advise on how, if at all, I can install the Filmon app on my TV?

Thanks for any help.
You don't say which make and model of smart TV you have bought so it is impossible to give you an accurate answer.

As far as I know, the only Filmon app that works on A tv is for certain LG models.

There are some new TVs that support Android for TV, if you have one of those then you can download Filmon from the Android play store as you would onto a phone or tablet.

Beyond that you usually have to open the TV's web browser and go to Filmon.com.

Until recently smart TV was a total misnomer as most of them are far from smart. Running Filmon in a smart TV web browser is usually a tortuous process.

If you haven't bought a smart TV that can run a Filmon app, then all is not lost, you can buy an Android TV stick for 30€ or so that will work admirably

Let us know what make and model your TV is and I or someone else will try and help you.
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

Thanks, Allan. The TV is a Samsung UE32J5500. I did have a look at the Filmon website through the TV, bUt couldn't see any way of downloading the app onto the TV - as usual these days, the instructions available are very limited.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

SteveB wrote:Thanks, Allan. The TV is a Samsung UE32J5500. I did have a look at the Filmon website through the TV, bUt couldn't see any way of downloading the app onto the TV - as usual these days, the instructions available are very limited.
I have an earlier Samsung Smart TV and it is of course possible that your new TV behaves differently so I can only speak from my experience.

I have never found a Filmon App for it, on Samsung's website or in the UK Smarthub. Equally Filmon's website lists available apps but doesn't include Samsung.

There are one or two references on the web by people saying that an app is available but I suspect they are just getting confused with Samsung's tablet apps which are not compatible

Samsung's TVs are in a closed Eco system controlled by the Samsung smart hub. This varies by country and if you bought the TV in France the chances are it is linked to the french Smarthub.

You can run Filmon on the browser on your Smart TV but there have been recent problems with Filmon requiring a version of Adobe Flash not supported in the TV, if that is the case they suggest Filmon.com/mobile.

I have to say that the Filmon experience in the browser of my TV is truly awful and unless your's works a lot better then I suggest you invest in a Chromecast or Android TV stick. Either of which will give a better viewing experience.

Whatever you decide to do I suggest you research it first before buying.

Members of this forum are usually very happy to help.
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

Thanks again, Allan. My experience with my TV seems similar to yours - a limited range of apps available, not including anything that will low you to,watch British TV. I'll look into the alternatives you suggest.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

no need for any filmon subscription... use either the 'filmon tv' or 'notfilmon' Kodi add ons using a android tv box... no ads and provides the (filmon) HD streams...
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

Thanks, montgolfiere - I'll ask you the same question as I asked Allan: which of the various android sticks/boxes is the best one for the job I want it to do - ie mainly accesss British TV here?

Thanks

Steve
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

When out in France, I use the FilmOn app on my iPad - and stream to the TV via an Apple TV box which I bought from Darty in Amelie.

It works well.