Looking for a tiler

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Looking for a tiler

Post by malcolmcooper »

Hi, can anyone recommend a good tiler for an average sized bathroom please? Looking for a professional job or I'd do it myself.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Looking for a tiler

Post by martyn94 »

malcolmcooper wrote:Hi, can anyone recommend a good tiler for an average sized bathroom please? Looking for a professional job or I'd do it myself.
If you find one, send me a pm: I've been looking for one for a smaller, but a bit trickier, job for quite a while: multiple phone messages left, but none returned.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Wow! looks like good tilers are a rare breed?
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

malcolmcooper wrote:Wow! looks like good tilers are a rare breed?
I don't know about rare, but busy enough that they can be picky.

Tiling, for me, falls marginally on the right side of the line between jobs that I could do OK, but just very slowly, and those I'd make a complete Horlicks of. My problem is that it wouldn't be worth the investment in kit - tile saw, hole saws etc - for the small job I need. Which I guess is why it also doesn't seem particularly attractive to a tradesman who does have the kit.
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Looking for a tiler

Post by GrahamC »

malcolmcooper wrote:Hi, can anyone recommend a good tiler for an average sized bathroom please? Looking for a professional job or I'd do it myself.
Rob Morley is your man. No doubt about it one of the finest tilers I've ever used.
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

Rob's done several jobs for us and we're very happy with both the price and the workmanship. He is however often very busy.

http://www.morleyrenovation.eu/

He did some very small jobs for us recently which he was happy to do as long as there was no time constraint and he could fit them in whenever he had a brief pause between bigger jobs.

Mind you, last time I contacted him in October he was fully committed until the Spring! A full diary is the sign of a good tradesman I think.
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Yes, I know Rob and his reputation. Job is possibly a bit small for him and we don't want to wait all that long but certainly worth a call.
Malcolm Cooper

Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Angel Marin: 06 98 32 36 17 or 04 68 57 98 40.