Learning French can be fun!

Struggling to break through the language barrier? Maybe we can help. Heard, seen or said something that made you giggle? We'd love to hear about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Learning French can be fun!

Post by Kate »

Oh what a night....Learning French can be fun!
http://anglophone-direct.com/test-french-sing-4/
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Learning French can be fun!

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote:Oh what a night....Learning French can be fun!
http://anglophone-direct.com/test-french-sing-4/
I was never much of a fan of Cloclo. But I rather enjoyed the new version, and it had wonderfully clear enunciation.

I got 24 out of 25 the other day on a quiz in Le Monde about "mistakes not to make in your bac lettres", and I'd have picked up the odd mistake I did make if I'd re-read my script as you're meant to do. I suppose I had been taught some of the rules fifty years ago, but I think you only remember them if you've seen them done right lots of times in the interim. Or watched them done right on You-Tube videos lots of times.
SteveB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SteveB »

[quote]I was never much of a fan of Cloclo.[/quote]

Well, admittedly he had a rather cheesy public image, but he wrote some good songs - not least "Comme D'Habitude", the original version of "My Way", and to my mind a far superior song.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

SteveB wrote:
I was never much of a fan of Cloclo.

Well, admittedly he had a rather cheesy public image, but he wrote some good songs - not least "Comme D'Habitude", the original version of "My Way", and to my mind a far superior song.
Yes indeed. Strange that such different songs were written to the same tune. Though Brenda Lee's "As Usual" is as good as either.