lovely new shop in Argelès

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

lovely new shop in Argelès

Post by sue and paul »

BIG RECOMMENDATION. I popped into the shop "Entre Fil et Bois"next door to Picard in Argeles this morning. It is run by the ESAT Les MIcocouliers who are the whip makers in Sorede. At the shop there is a sewing room, where they make bags, of all shapes and sizes, purses, specs cases etc. All the different bright fabrics used are the famous Toiles du Soleil, striped Catalan fabric. Some of the larger e.g. beach bags have handles made of rope and micocoulier wood. Loads of lovely gift ideas and practical too! Please pop in if you are around there. ESAT MIcolcouliers employs handicapped people, and indeed one such young man working in the shop gave me a warm welcome and spoke to me in perfect English. I dropped off a few P-O Life mags which they were happy to leave on the counter

http://www.apajh-sorede.fr/
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

argelès toiles du soleil etc

Post by rhys »

Sounds marvellous.

Wish I had known about it earlier this week before my visiting friend left.

They are not in a good location for visitors / tourists - but maybe that's not the market they are looking for ?

Perhaps someone could do a full descriptive piece with pics for the Magazine ( with a little map showing location ) ?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

If I'm right, the position sounds quite good - at least in terms of being able to park....but yes, I suppose you wouldn't necessarily notice if if you weren't looking. I went to Picard on that parade (haven't heard that word for ages) to get some of their fab frozen bagels last weekend and didn't notice it.

Have added it to the bottom of this article Sue if that's OK. Thanks.
https://anglophone-direct.com/sorede-82 ... ench-whip/
Could do with some good photos if anyone has any.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Their are a few photos of the shop and displays on their website - link in my original post