garage / exhaust centre needed urgently.

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

garage / exhaust centre needed urgently.

Post by Steve&Julie »

Hi.
We need a new exhaust and we're driving back to UK this week. Does any one have any ideas where we can get one fitted quickly at reasonable cost? is there a KwikFit type place in the Arles sur tech/ Ceret/ Le Boulou area?
Thanks
Steve
Richard and Sharon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Richard and Sharon »

Roady behind the Intermarche at Argeles helped me out with a tyre, rare size and they got it in and on next day. I also had a towbar fitted there on another occasion. I guess they do exhausts as well. It's probably a bit out of your way but maybe worth a call if you don't find somewhere closer. +33 4 68 88 20 99
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Garage

Post by Sus »

We have used Joël (just before the village of Le Tech, 06 16 28 28 74) for smaller repair jobs on our car, he is more of a all-round mechanic but we have found him to be honest and reliable. If he can't do something, he will try and refer you to somebody else.

There is also a garage between Amélie and Arles s/Tech. When you drive towards Amélie from Arles turn right into a small road opposite the camping and it is 2 min up to the left. We have used this garage once, they were okish but we had a more serious problem and needed to get the car to another garage in the end.

Good luck!