Port Leucate

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

Rombolo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Port Leucate

Post by Rombolo »

Great place to sit and watch the nautically minded or weekend sailors tinker and clean their pride and joy. Sit and listen to the birds calling and the gentle clang of rope against aluminium mast while perhaps having a drink at the lovely bar there. Marvel at the sight of the mobile boat lifting rigs straddling huge craft and lifting them in and out of the water. What's not to enjoy, I say?
Richard and Sharon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Port Leucate

Post by Richard and Sharon »

Good to know, thanks Rombolo. Coincidentally as we passed over the road bridge there on the way back from taking some visitors to Carcassonne this afternoon, I looked along the waterway towards the sea and thought, that looks worth exploring!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Here’s a little bit more about it.......
https://anglophone-direct.com/worlds-to ... rientales/
Richard and Sharon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Richard and Sharon »

Hmmm, so all about nude bathing and aphrodisiacs then :lol:
Rombolo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rombolo »

Richard and Sharon,

I can assure you that you can avoid the naturist area if you wish to as it is a dedicated area; the populus of the port, nearby beach, lagoon and the Spa supermarket were all clad in textiles everytime I have visited or stayed. There were no euphemisms in my original piece :D :D
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Haha. Clad in textiles. Great expression. Seriously though, it’s a lovely resort surrounded by some stunning scenery, and the oyster capital of the P-O if you’re an oyster fan.