Covid booking cancelations

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Covid booking cancelations

Post by opas »

On 30 May just after travel restrictions were lifted one of the properties I manage had a enquiry from a French lady for a one week booking on 18 June. After a few emails between owner and myself we decided to accept, read all the safety guidlines ,and started a spring-clean .
This week I had got to the stage where the bed was to be made. Toiletries replenished , new loo brushes and tea/ coffee etc ( today)

Just heading to checkout and my phone alerted me to a txt.
Guest cancelled!

Because of COVID there is a clause that if booked befor 31may and then cancelled - no monies due.
The only person loosing out here is the owner.

Let's see how many more bookings taken last year and up to May 31st get cancelled with only a few days notice.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Covid booking cancelations

Post by alan »

I think you can expect British visitors to cancel if the quarantine arrangements requiring them to self-isolate on returning to the UK survive beyond the review at the end of June. Personally, I'm anticipating that they won't and that the “voluntary” French quarantine rules for Brits will also then fall away.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Obviously lots of guests cancelled in March/April for bookings up to June from all nationalities. My diary is full of red X cancelations.
I have not prepared for one guest this year and with further cancellations expected because of the quarantine restrictions in UK.

Its looking like my main occupation for the foreseeable future is keeping weeds at bay in maisons secondairs.
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Obviously lots of guests cancelled in March/April for bookings up to June from all nationalities. My diary is full of red X cancelations.
I have not prepared for one guest this year and with further cancellations expected because of the quarantine restrictions in UK.

Its looking like my main occupation for the foreseeable future is keeping weeds at bay in maisons secondairs.
Debeneur.
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Pighunter »

I had 2 bookings for June, one a friend who couldn't travel due to the restrictions and a couple for the end of the month who also cancelled.

No big deal as I only do it for beer money anyway.

It has saved me having to get the pool up and running, which is good as it hasn't been swimming weather anyway and once going it is an hour a day extra work which I could do without!