Fosse Septique/SPANC66

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
Ace
Rank 0
Rank 0

Fosse Septique/SPANC66

Post by Ace »

Does anyone have any recommendations of technicians/construction people who can survey my fosse septique and bring it up to the SPANC66 standards? Preferably speaking some English but I can muddle through in French.
Sweaty Betty
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Fosse Septique/SPANC66

Post by Sweaty Betty »

We recently used a company which was exceptionally professional and reasonable.
Ludovic & Aurelie Herbert - ludovic hebert: hlb.terrassement@outlook.fr
Aurelie deals with all the paperwork.
Ace
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ace »

many thanks
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

Hi, you might want to consider using SPANC for the survey if you are due your regular inspection, that way you know exactly what is wrong and can be specific with the builder what you expect them to correct and have a follow up inspection by SPANC to get their full approval. The cost for an inspection is fixed at 110 TTC. Otherwise, I would make the final approval by SPANC a condition of payment to your contractor.

The SPANC 66 website also has a list of accredited suppliers/contractors and a lot of other very detailed and clear information on what needs to be done. We recently redid our system ourselves after getting outrageous quotes from contractors. SPANC itself and their listed suppliers were in our experiences very professional and reasonable. If you need any initial study done, to check soil type, land slope etc, we can highly recommend Assainissement Horizon Ingénierie. The engineer spent a few hours with us and advised on different options, the resulting report is basically a building instruction including all materials needed. We took the report to Frans Bonhomme who gave us a quote for the required materials. Good luck!