Sofa steam cleaning

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

S Hart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Sofa steam cleaning

Post by S Hart »

Hi, can anyone tell me if they know of any company that do a sofa etc steam cleaning service in the Argeles area like we can get in the UK. Many thanks for any recommendations.
Susan
S Hart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Sofa steam cleaning

Post by S Hart »

Love that I have so many views to my post but no replies, find it incredible that nobody in France has their sofas cleaned. What do you do, buy an expensive sofa or 3 piece suit and then do you just let it get a bit grubby and throw it away xx
Susan
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

My sofas have removable, washable covers.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

We searched for a while for someone to steam clean a carpet and didn’t find anybody. We ended up buying a machine and doing it ourselves, no where near as good as a professional job though.
S Hart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by S Hart »

Thank you so much for your replies, but I must say it is bizarre !! Especially as I have stayed in so many high end hotels during our stop overs on our trips down to France in the last 20 plus years with perfect sofas in their rooms, I cannot believe they are doing it themselves, there must be a steam cleaning service ! But hey ho, it is what it is, if I ever moved to France full time I think that it would be a little business that I would set up, as everyone I know in the UK has carpets, sofas etc steam cleaned every year. I know there are some fabrics that you can put in a washing machine but most upholstery fabric is dry clean only
Thanks all, Susan
Susan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I have seen ads on FB for this service recently.

Next time it pops up I will screenshot it.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
S Hart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by S Hart »

Thank you Opas, that is very kind of you, Susan
Susan