Travel from France to the UK via Spain

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Travel from France to the UK via Spain

Post by alan »

Thanks for the recent guidance. I am hoping to fly into and out of Carcassonne next week but it is possible that I may return to the UK from Barcelona later in June when I find out the condition our second home is in and when there are few if any Ryanair flights from the PO. I have a British passport and my main residence is in the UK, I have had two vaccinations a few weeks ago. I won't be spending any time in Spain just travelling by train or bus to the airport. Can anyone who has done this or is planning to, confirm that I will need to complete the FCS form electronically and advise on anything else needed.
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Travel from France to the UK via Spain

Post by alan »

Thanks Kate. These experiences are interesting but I'm still uncertain whether strictly, I need a QR code prior to entering Spain from France by road or rail en route to the UK from Barcelona airport. There must be a clear statement somewhere but I can't find it. I suppose there is no-one generally to check as distinct from when you arrive into Spain by air or sea.
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Travel from France to the UK via Spain

Post by alan »

Kate

I've had another search and have just found this:

Question
QR code and form for entry to Spain - Cecilia (7 Jun 2021 - 08:30)
Hi
We will be entering Spain by car from France, we live in Switzerland and are both fully vaccinated. When we try to fill in the entry form a flight number is essential to complete the form. Is there a different form for driving into Spain. Thanks

Answer
@Cecilia - Barcelona.com (7 Jun 2021 - 09:04)
Hello Cecilia,
The QR code is only required for travelers arriving in Spain by plane and by boat.
best,

https://www.barcelona.com/barcelona_cit ... s#comments

I'd prefer to see some Spanish Government document but this will have to do.

Alan