Orchestra national du Capitole de Toulouse

Fetes & Festivities in the Pyrénées-Orientales/What's on and where..

Moderator: Moderators

alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Orchestra national du Capitole de Toulouse

Post by alan »

I celebrate a “big” birthday in October and one of our plans for this year and next was to attend a number of orchestral concerts which included music we have particularly enjoyed over the years. Most of the concerts which we booked were in English concert halls and, one by one, they have been cancelled. However, a couple of the concerts we booked were in France.

In January, and notwithstanding a Gilets jaunes protest, we went to a lovely concert given by the Opéra national de Montpellier on the evening of an Easyjet flight from our local airport, Gatwick, to Montpellier. In April we should have been attending a concert in Toulouse, the evening before our return flight from Toulouse to Gatwick. Sadly that concert was cancelled.

At present there is a great deal of uncertainty in the UK as to how and if, at all, concert halls will re-open. Accordingly, it was hugely encouraging to receive the other day an email giving details of the planned 2020/2021 season of the Orchestra national du Capitole de Toulouse.

For anyone interested here is a link: https://onct.toulouse.fr/accueil
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Orchestra national du Capitole de Toulouse

Post by Sus »

Going to concerts is one of the things that we have missed the most. We started going to the Live au Campo festival in Perpignan and that has been cancelled as well. Thanks for forwarding the program for Toulouse, might be worth a trip this year!
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

In a similar vein. There have been a couple of reportages on FR3 recently about initiatives for performances under the current restrictions. There has been at least one drive-in pop concert so far and there are plans for outdoor cinemas during the holiday season. It would be fun to see the abandonded drive-in movie theatres brought back to life.

Merisin
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

Just over 12 months ago I gave a link to the then planned 2020 / 2021 season of the Orchestra national du Capitole de Toulouse. I don't think a single concert was performed, certainly not live. We used to be regular concert goers but, unsurprisingly, haven't been to anything in the UK or France since the concert in Montpellier in January 2020 which I mentioned. Orchestras in the UK are announcing upcoming concerts and we have already booked some tickets keeping our fingers crossed. The Orchestra national du Capitole de Toulouse has also published details of its planned 2021 / 2022 season and when public booking opens we shall book tickets for a concert almost 2 years to the day since our last concert in France. For people interested, here is the relevant link https://www.toulouse-metropole.fr/missi ... -2021-2022
Sinomikael
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Sinomikael »

Hello,

I've visited, https://www.toulouse-metropole.fr/missi ... -2021-2022 but the website seems to works badly (or maybe it's my computer). Is it me or there is no concerts in august ?
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

There are no concerts in August I'm afraid. We have booked for a concert on 7 January. We hope it goes ahead and that we shall be able to get there.