Urgent Serious Removal Company

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Urgent Serious Removal Company

Post by Daphne »

We need a removal company to move us 2 roads away. We could do it ourselves with the help of friends but we have a large, delicate display cabinet which will need dismantling and putting back together. It will take somebody with patience and experience. The village is Llupia nr Thuir and we moving next week.Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Steve »

SEnt you a PM
Gastoom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Urgent Serious Removal Company

Post by Gastoom »

You should have several options I would think, but be sure to mention that you need furniture disassembled and that you need "white glove" moving. That basically refers to things that need to be carefully handled during moving. For what it's worth, I've used 3 movers to move locally, even though they're "international movers" and I had no issues with them. Pretty affordable too so I'd recommend them.
Gastoom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Gastoom »

Disregard, I didn't notice the date on the post. Still getting the hang of things here. Sorry!
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Sadly this forum is but a pale ghost of the place it once was. Which, in my opinion, is a pity. I still firmly believe that the forum concept, which can be advert free, has enormous advantages over Facebook and the like.

But I am a relic from another era. It would be amazing if these few words were to launch a debate. But that is probably just wishful thinking.

I perfectly understand the mistake made by Gastoom. I do it all the time.

Gus
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

Gus,

I agree that the forum is far from what it was. I keep an eye on what's being posted, respond to posts from time to time and sometimes try to initiate a new debate. It's a pity because the forum is a friendlier environment than facebook. Perhaps if we just simply keep posting, it will enjoy a revival sometime. Well done Kate for its continuation.

Alan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I keep on trying, keep on pushing it on Facebook, there are new members joining all the time, but it never seems to quite make it over that Facebook-is-easier barrier.Just need to get people posting instead of reading. Not giving up yet! :D
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

Happy New Year Kate and thanks for your continuing efforts. Jan and I are just back from a lovely post Christmas break in Port Vendres.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Yes, thanks for all your hard work Kate. I too find the forum better than Facebook, easier to see subjects, full history of threads available, no adverts, etc.

Happy New year to you.
Russell