Nationwide protests next week

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Nationwide protests next week

Post by alan »

I have just posted this on facebook

"I don't want to encourage a debate as to the rights and wrongs of the current protests but there has been a call for another nationwide day of protests next Tues. From previous experience, can we expect follow on disruption the next day at airports, on the railways and on the roads. We are hoping to fly into Montpellier on Wednesday afternoon and travel onwards by train or Flixbus to Perpignan and then onto Port Vendres".

We would appreciate helpful advice please.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Nationwide protests next week

Post by Gus Morris »

I'm sorry that nobody has replied. I suspect the reason is that nothing is certain so giving specific advice is not a good idea. Also, those of us who live here permanently tend to have friends who can take us places or pick us up. If we are flying back to the UK or wherever for a short visit we can also leave our car at the airport.

I hope you have a smooth trip.

Gus
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

Thanks Gus. As things stand at the moment (Tues evening) our flight has not been cancelled.The trains we were planning to travel on have been but given a bit of luck we should be able to travel from Montpellier to Perpignan changing at Narbonne and then get a rail replacement bus to PV. Fingers crossed.
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

We arrived yesterday. The flight was only delayed a little and after two trains and a replacement bus, we arrived at our second home in PV.